Author Topic: BET founder calls for $14 trillion in reparations for black Americans  (Read 391 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BET founder calls for $14 trillion in reparations for black Americans
June 2, 2020 | BPR Wire

Andrew Kerr, DCNF

The founder of Black Entertainment Television said Monday that the federal government should provide $14 trillion to the descendants of slavery to combat racial inequality in America.

“Now is the time to go big,” Robert Johnson said on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” Monday. “We need to focus on wealth creation and wealth generation and to do that we must bring the descendants of slaves into equality in this nation and that’s what I propose with this $14 trillion proposal.”

“Wealth transfer is what’s needed,” Johnson said. “Think about this. Since 200-plus-years or so of slavery, labor taken with no compensation, is a wealth transfer. Denial of access to education, which is a primary driver of accumulation of income and wealth, is a wealth transfer.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/02/bet-founder-calls-for-14-trillion-in-reparations-for-black-americans-928936
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LottieDah

How many trillions is Robert Johnson going to contribute for those reparations?

Offline aligncare

Super rich black guy says racism is a thing and blacks don’t have any chance at making it in America.  The irony is staggering.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Super rich black guy says racism is a thing and blacks don’t have any chance at making it in America.  The irony is staggering.

I know I watched him say this on Fox and the host was too slow to catch it..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Absalom

I know I watched him say this on Fox and the host was too slow to catch it..
------------------------------------
A reflection and suggestion:
Slavery legally existed for some 250 years in what is the USA.
For 180 of those years (from Jamestown in 1607 to our Constitution in 1789)
we we controlled/ruled by Great Britain; representing 72% of the years.
For the remaining 70 years (from 1789 to the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863)
we were self-ruled; representing 28% of the years.
Let Motor Mouth send the British Parliament a Bill for the 72% and depending
on that outcome we'll consider our portion.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
------------------------------------
A reflection and suggestion:
Slavery legally existed for some 250 years in what is the USA.
For 180 of those years (from Jamestown in 1607 to our Constitution in 1789)
we we controlled/ruled by Great Britain; representing 72% of the years.
For the remaining 70 years (from 1789 to the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863)
we were self-ruled; representing 28% of the years.
Let Motor Mouth send the British Parliament a Bill for the 72% and depending
on that outcome we'll consider our portion.
Is there a reason you don't feel the African tribes that sold slaves or the moslems that captured, bought and sold slaves shouldn't pony up too? Also I think those descendants of former slaves, I guess we just take their word for it if they are Black, owe reparations to to the tens of thousands of Americans ,who lacked pigmentation, that gave their lives or limbs so that slaves could be free. We shall not speak of the fact that few of those slaves descendants would be alive had their fore fathers been left in the mother country.

Offline goatprairie

Is there a reason you don't feel the African tribes that sold slaves or the moslems that captured, bought and sold slaves shouldn't pony up too? Also I think those descendants of former slaves, I guess we just take their word for it if they are Black, owe reparations to to the tens of thousands of Americans ,who lacked pigmentation, that gave their lives or limbs so that slaves could be free. We shall not speak of the fact that few of those slaves descendants would be alive had their fore fathers been left in the mother country.
As Muhammad Ali said after the George Foreman fight in the Congo when asked about his view of Africa...

"Thank God my Granddaddy got on that boat."

Offline mortarman

What demographic is this guy making his fortune off of in the first place, anyway?

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.