Author Topic: BREAKING: Footage shows George Floyd ATTACKING officers before he died  (Read 7947 times)

Offline Hoodat

C'mon, man...
Who's now in charge of this here "investigation"?

Antifa-loving Keith Ellison
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mortarman

catfish wrote:
"So the DA's office raised the Murder charge from 3 to 1 based on an independent autopsy report versus his own County's M.E. findings?  That doesn't sound correct or make sense."

C'mon, man...
Who's now in charge of this here "investigation"?

My guess would be that well known bambulance chaser Bennie Crump.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Online DB

Well, .... let's take the race card out of the scenario first of all.  The man's hands were handcuffed BEHIND his back.  He DIED while an officer had his knee on his neck while stating that he couldn't breathe.  It doesn't matter how many cops have used this method before, nor does it matter how many arrested have used the tactic that they can't breathe.  A man died while handcuffed with a cop's knee on his neck.  Doesn't matter why the knee was on the neck; at that point in time that cop wasn't in danger.  The cop had control of the man and used enough force to kill him.  Period.

You understand that a large number of criminals spout all kinds of lies while being arrested/detained. Looking for a little moment of opportunity to break free or harm someone. So I can understand the cops being just a bit jaded with what criminals say while being arrested/detained. He clearly resisted arrest and they were having a hard time controlling him. So it is a tough choice to reduce your restraint of him after you just fought so hard to gain control. A knee to the neck behind the ears does not cause asphyxiation or cut off blood to the brain directly. As I understand it police are trained to do that procedure to control someone who is not cooperative short of using more drastic measures. He also had just expended a lot of energy fighting with the cops in the back of the cop car. A heart attack could well be the likely cause of death.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Again, I will reiterate, anecdotally, that the cops I spoke to about this seem to think that he was probably restraining him so he did not cause himself more injury. The ambulance was already nearly there, and perhaps it was determined to leave him thus rather than to fight getting him into the car sommore.

I DO agree with a failure to render aid. I DO agree the cop should have attended him.
But that assumes he knew. For all he knew the guy passed out, if he knew at all. Maybe he thought he had just calmed down.

That I think is probably true. I do not believe that decorated cop would purposefully kill a man in full view of a crowd full of cameras. Likewise I do not believe he broke protocol, for the same reason. The same goes for the other cops involved. I do not believe they would intentionally disregard his fate, if not for their humanity (which I would presume) then for the bare fact they were being filmed.

I hope that cooler heads will prevail.
The reason I said that was he was not the only cop present.  He was handling a man much bigger than him by himself.

He would not have needed that restraint position if other cops had assisted with restraint.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline roamer_1

The reason I said that was he was not the only cop present.  He was handling a man much bigger than him by himself.

He would not have needed that restraint position if other cops had assisted with restraint.

They DID assist when he was getting froggy, and they did assist in the takedown. Thereafter, because of the neck pin, their assistance was no longer needed. A 15 y/o girl could hold me down like that, just as I can hold down a horse.

I think they left him like that on purpose, because he was subdued (under control) per protocol no doubt (not a danger to himself or others, rendered unable to escape)... And there was no percentage in going any further till the ambulance got there.

I am going off of how other cops interpreted their actions, and it seems right to me.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The left are all most out of time, to overwhelm the system.

Homelessness in major cities, with judges requiring they be given housing. (They are largely a product of failed drug treatment under ObamaCare, and in Calif essentially dumping  rthem out of jails, onto the street).

Next Covid-19  Then next lockdown ending 40 million jobs. Finally the very week people would return, the destruction of our major cities; Luxury shopping in Calif, NYC for example.

Add international communist backed Antifa, burning, looting.

Don't overlook crippling the hoped for economic recovery, by more damage.

Looking bak to Jan5 2017, did Obama initiate a Coup d' Etat to damge, cripple, destroy Trump?

The qualtity variety of these different situations seems well beyond probable.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

They DID assist when he was getting froggy, and they did assist in the takedown. Thereafter, because of the neck pin, their assistance was no longer needed. A 15 y/o girl could hold me down like that, just as I can hold down a horse.

I think they left him like that on purpose, because he was subdued (under control) per protocol no doubt (not a danger to himself or others, rendered unable to escape)... And there was no percentage in going any further till the ambulance got there.

I am going off of how other cops interpreted their actions, and it seems right to me.
You miss the point.  When he said he could not breathe when the cop had his knee on his neck, it was a clue for the cop to solicit help from other cops standing around together to restrain the perp.  Only if he was alone should he have continued applying the restraint he used.

Discretion was not used in the presence of multiple officers.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Victoria33

Flat out wrong. I would question the veracity (bias) of the coroner. And what people see, they see in ignorance. I am telling you, you cannot be choked out with that hold. Your neck would break first.
@roamer_1
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak

What the second autopsy said was the pressure on the neck closed off the carotid arteries (one on each side of neck), stopping blood flow to the brain; and someone was on his back with enough pressure causing difficulty to breathe.  Those two circumstances caused his death.

He had a long criminal history, arrested 8 times, I think it was, in Houston where they lived.  He was a career criminal.  Texas Rehab. sent criminals to me to psychologically test when they got out of prison.  They did that in order to know if I thought they would benefit from Texas Rehab. services to train them for a job; in other words could they live by our laws and be a productive citizen or would they continue their criminal activity.

Criminals and career criminals are emotional.  Career criminals can turn on a dime and steal and kill.  I kept a loaded weapon in the bottom drawer of my desk and that drawer would slide open not making a sound.

One time I did open that drawer and wait to see if I was going to kill the career criminal standing up in front of my desk.  He had gotten angry, stood up, said he was going to tear up the place.  I knew for damn sure, if he came over the desk toward me, he was going to be dead.  I kept seated, told him, "You have two choices; sit down and talk to me, or leave the office."  He sat down.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 01:49:29 pm by Victoria33 »

Online LMAO

@roamer_1
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak

What the second autopsy said was the pressure on the neck closed off the carotid arteries (one on each side of neck), stopping blood flow to the brain; and someone was on his back with enough pressure causing difficulty to breathe.  Those two circumstances caused his death.

He had a long criminal history, arrested 8 times, I think it was, in Houston where they lived.  He was a career criminal.  Texas Rehab. sent criminals to me to psychologically test when they got out of prison.  They did that in order to know if I thought they would benefit from Texas Rehab. services to train them for a job; in other words could they live by our laws and be a productive citizen or would they continue their criminal activity.

Criminals and career criminals are emotional.  Career criminals can turn on a dime and steal and kill.  I kept a loaded weapon in the bottom drawer of my desk and that drawer would slide open not making a sound.

One time I did open that drawer and wait to see if I was going to kill the career criminal standing up in front of my desk.  He had gotten angry, stood up, said he was going to tear up the place.  I knew for damn sure, if he came over the desk toward me, he was going to be dead.  I kept seated, told him, "You have two choices; sit down and talk to me, or leave the office."  He sat down.

@Victoria33

Wow. And I thought my job was stressful

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DB

You miss the point.  When he said he could not breathe when the cop had his knee on his neck, it was a clue for the cop to solicit help from other cops standing around together to restrain the perp.  Only if he was alone should he have continued applying the restraint he used.

And you miss the point that criminals lie incessantly. Anything for a moment of advantage. It took all the cops present to get him under control in the first place. In fact that may have been the second round of getting him under control after they had him in the back of the cop car. Why risk doing a replay and someone getting injured? The bottom line is the perp had serious health issues. If you have serious health issues, choose to take drugs and fight with the cops the odds are your going to have a bad outcome - regardless of what color your skin is.

Offline Idiot

Bottom line is the guy died.  It shouldn't have happened no matter what drug or whatever Mr. Floyd was on. 

Online DB

Bottom line is the guy died.  It shouldn't have happened no matter what drug or whatever Mr. Floyd was on.

What does that mean?

Offline LadyLiberty

As of now the inmates are running the asylum.   Looting in many areas, not just downtown where the rich folks shop but in the black neighborhoods that burned 50 years ago.   I infuriated a liberal colleague today by refusing to take the trouble to distinguish peaceful protesters from looters.   I won't do so unless and until the "protesters" take the trouble to explain to me how to tell the difference.

I saw a video on twitter yesterday where a rioter was hitting a concrete curb with a hammer to break it up to get chunks to use as either weapons or cause destruction.  One of the protesters jumped him and others immediately came to help.  They moved him, kicking and screaming, and turned him over to the police.

Offline roamer_1

To what end? The cop knew he could breathe. SOP employed. Bolt him down and wait for the bus. No sense getting into another struggle with him and making him worse.

He did not asphyxiate. He died of heart failure. The position didn't do that to him, nor the restraint.
We don't even yet know if he could have been saved at all.

YES They should have rendered aid, had they known, which I don't think is evident. If it was indeed neglect, and they did indeed fail to render aid, then fine. Throw the book at em. Otherwise one is attributing motive that we don't know, and applauding the destruction of 4 officer's lives without reason or proof.

That is not the side of the angels.

Offline roamer_1

That's how I know the second autopsy to be a load of crap @Victoria33

Offline verga

Actually, that swarm technique is benign. If they were serious, he;d have been tazed or worse.

Again, watch the film closely. He is not pinned with force. He can lift his head, and his neck even comes up a little bit. BELIEVE ME, if that cop was transmitting pressure to his neck he would have been screaming like a little girl. I know I did.
That is the thing that gets me. I spoke to several officers I know. All of them agree the minute he was resisting TAZE is @$$! Yes they are Monday morning quarterbacking, but it was unanimous. I have seen some pretty big guys drop like a sack of potatoes after a tazing.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline roamer_1

That is the thing that gets me. I spoke to several officers I know. All of them agree the minute he was resisting TAZE is @$$! Yes they are Monday morning quarterbacking, but it was unanimous. I have seen some pretty big guys drop like a sack of potatoes after a tazing.

True (I have been tazed too, not to mention cowboy bull-prod hyjinx). But they knew he was medical - That precludes tazer. Especially suspecting heart issues. If they had tazed him he'd more likely be dead anyway. I think that's why they did as they did, using a more benign method.

Offline Idiot

True (I have been tazed too, not to mention cowboy bull-prod hyjinx). But they knew he was medical - That precludes tazer. Especially suspecting heart issues. If they had tazed him he'd more likely be dead anyway. I think that's why they did as they did, using a more benign method.
How could they have known he had heart issues?  It's not like he was wearing a medical bracelet.  happy77

Offline roamer_1

How could they have known he had heart issues?  It's not like he was wearing a medical bracelet.  happy77

They called an ambulance for him right off the get-go.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

The thing is that they kept holding him down with the charged cop’s knee on his neck after he'd become non-responsive, for nearly 3 minutes, and after he’d released his bladder and stopped breathing. IMO I think Floyd resisted getting into the back the car but he was in in the car and cuffed. I think it pissed the cops off and they pulled him back out and got him on the ground as they wanted to teach him a lesson, you know - “Respect My Authority” ala Eric Cartman. In the original video, when the EMT finally shows up and takes a pulse (the cop still with his knee on Floyd’s neck), you can see there was no sense of urgency and they basically threw him on the gurney, because by now they, as in they all knew, he was already dead.

FWIW Floyd was arrested under suspicion (read that again – suspicion) of passing a counterfeit $20 bill. Not for a violent crime nor was he armed.

Yes, he had a prior record but as far as I know, had served his time and had no outstanding warrants. If the tox report is correct, he was on drugs but passing a fake bill even if he was “high” shouldn’t be a death sentence. And cops are not supposed to be judges, juries or executioners.

It seems to me to be way too many cases of cops, regardless of the races involved, going to the max amount of force when sometimes de-escalation techniques, like, simply talking to the suspect and calming him down while still protecting themselves, might prevent a lot of these deaths. But today the police are not to serve and protect but act more like a military unit were every suspect is treated as an armed enemy combatant.

And here I’m also thinking of the Daniel Shaver case. FWIW, Shaver, a white guy, was drunk at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Daniel_Shaver

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBUUx0jUKxc&bpctr=1591131728

There were no mass protests over Daniel Shaver’s death, but IMO there should have been. Especially after the cop got off for murdering this man.

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline roamer_1

The thing is that they kept holding him down with the charged cop’s knee on his neck after he'd become non-responsive, for nearly 3 minutes, and after he’d released his bladder and stopped breathing. IMO I think Floyd resisted getting into the back the car but he was in in the car and cuffed. I think it pissed the cops off and they pulled him back out and got him on the ground as they wanted to teach him a lesson, you know - “Respect My Authority” ala Eric Cartman. In the original video, when the EMT finally shows up and takes a pulse (the cop still with his knee on Floyd’s neck), you can see there was no sense of urgency and they basically threw him on the gurney, because by now they, as in they all knew, he was already dead.

FWIW Floyd was arrested under suspicion (read that again – suspicion) of passing a counterfeit $20 bill. Not for a violent crime nor was he armed.

Yes, he had a prior record but as far as I know, had served his time and had no outstanding warrants. If the tox report is correct, he was on drugs but passing a fake bill even if he was “high” shouldn’t be a death sentence. And cops are not supposed to be judges, juries or executioners.

It seems to me to be way too many cases of cops, regardless of the races involved, going to the max amount of force when sometimes de-escalation techniques, like, simply talking to the suspect and calming him down while still protecting themselves, might prevent a lot of these deaths. But today the police are not to serve and protect but act more like a military unit were every suspect is treated as an armed enemy combatant.

And here I’m also thinking of the Daniel Shaver case. FWIW, Shaver, a white guy, was drunk at the time.

There were no mass protests over Daniel Shaver’s death, but IMO there should have been. Especially after the cop got off for murdering this man.

Yeah I am thinking that is mostly bullcrap.

If for no other reason than an unknown quantity of cameras in the crowd, your scenario is basically a willful destruction of their own lives and income, even if I were to accept your vilification of those cops and their humanity.

If they had no concern for the man, why would they have called an ambulance for him? If they had no concern for the man, why didn't they just haul out the tazers, a far easier, more violent and satisfying way to assert your power?

Dear lord how I wound up the defender of LEOs in this is really ironic.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

If for no other reason than an unknown quantity of cameras in the crowd, your scenario is basically a willful destruction of their own lives and income, even if I were to accept your vilification of those cops and their humanity.

If they had no concern for the man, why would they have called an ambulance for him? If they had no concern for the man, why didn't they just haul out the tazers, a far easier, more violent and satisfying way to assert your power?

You just don’t get it do you. If the police can kill George Floyd or Daniel Shaver or Breonna Taylor or Atatiana Jefferson or Justine Damond….they can do the same to you or me.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline aligncare

My opinion, because of all the second guessing by armchair cops and the crazy-ass rush to pronounce the officer guilty of racism and murder based on an arrest gone wrong in what is the inherent unpredictability of each encounter an officer faces. Cops are people, too. But, heck, let’s throw the white cop into the angry volcano. The suspect was black. Case closed.

Offline roamer_1

You just don’t get it do you. If the police can kill George Floyd or Daniel Shaver or Breonna Taylor or Atatiana Jefferson or Justine Damond….they can do the same to you or me.

No, I get it way better than most. My mark is carved deep in a cell at the county jail. I was a frequent flyer in my yoot. I know how this works. They did nothing to him that wasn't done to me, and I knew it was coming every time. My own damn fault.

Online DB

I do get that. Sometimes the police act badly and they should be held accountable. The law should apply to them the same way it applies to everyone else. No issue with that whatsoever.

The issue is this specific case. The actual facts of this case matter and have zip to do with other cases. It is highly unlikely the knee killed him based on what is known. It is most likely he had a heart attack due to poor health, drugs and heavy activity fighting with the cops. There the only fault by the police would be failure to render aid - but the ambulance was already on the way.