Author Topic: It's time for Trump to come out and take command  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: It's time for Trump to come out and take command
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2020, 03:18:39 pm »
I don't understand why you cannot handle even the mildest of criticism of Trump? Frankly, that's part of the job.

Great question @Weird Tolkienish Figure but the wrong one.  It's not the criticism of the President that frustrates me, it's the reasons given for it.  And I didn't want to do battle with the owner of the site.

"Giving the rats ammo" is one of the reasons that short-circuits my brain.  Do we not know after four damn years that ANYTHING this President does or doesn't do is ammo for the rats?

Another frustration is few seem to understand who the man is ... even now.  He's not going to give a speech until he has something new and substantive to say.  He's working on that right now with Barr, the governors and law enforcement.  Trump better than anyone understands the media and how to use it.

Lastly, I'm a little disappointed that this thread draws so much attention when the speech the President gave 48 hours ago was not important enough to click on.  No one here complaining the President's absent knew he wasn't. I think we as a conservative forum we should want to hear him out.  But clearly this is a minority opinion and I'll just have to deal with that.

Well, that's my rant.  Let me know if I need to throw a white flag in your direction.   happy77

« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 03:23:15 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2020, 03:20:39 pm »
I support our President.  I can't imagine the burdens he is carrying.  Our cities are in flames and there are threats both foreign and domestic inciting the destruction. 

I am anxious to hear from our President.  I want to hear from our President. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2020, 03:21:28 pm »
Live coverage of the wannabe president Biden speaking to community leaders..although looking like an idiot with his face mask hanging on his lower lip...

He looked and sounded like a demented idiot.  Fox cut out.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2020, 03:21:53 pm »
Live coverage of the wannabe president Biden speaking to community leaders..although looking like an idiot with his face mask hanging on his lower lip...
Did he just say if the president listened to guys like him on Corona Virus back in January 60 thousand people would still be alive? I heard him call Trump a Xenophobe for restricting travel from China.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2020, 03:22:23 pm »
He looked and sounded like a demented idiot.  Fox cut out.

He is a demented idiot.  It is so plainly obvious. 
John Steinbeck

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2020, 03:23:43 pm »
No one saw this, he did this after the space launch and I must admit I didn't even listen as I had other things to do on a nice Sat afternoon...he needs to address the nation in prime time on all networks...I want my President to show strength that he is in control and doing something about it..I don't want tweet messages...but that's just me..

It's not just you...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2020, 03:24:15 pm »
I support our President.  I can't imagine the burdens he is carrying.  Our cities are in flames and there are threats both foreign and domestic inciting the destruction. 

So do I. But I'd like to hear him say what he's gonna do about the situation. That takes a little time and effort. I don't want empty baby talk, which is what the left offers.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2020, 03:24:39 pm »
I support our President.  I can't imagine the burdens he is carrying.

Part of the job, unfortunately.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2020, 03:26:49 pm »
Because if a conservative forum won’t stand up for the president, who will? The mainstream media? Keith Ellison? Andrew Cuomo? Maybe mayor DeBlasio?

@Right_in_Virginia point is taken. We’re in an information war and our side is more interested in showing how virtuous and right they are rather than how smart they could be.

Because it’s not our job, nor should it be, to stand up for ANY President IF HE IS NOT DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!   Conservatives are not loyal to cults of personality...or at least we didn’t use to be....  our job is to stand up for what is right...always.   And if that means sometimes the man in the big chair receives criticism, so be it.   Otherwise we are nothing but fawning sycophants (which is most definitely true of some here). 

He knows he can ignore the Dems, they’re ideological goons.  If you never speak ill of the President, you too can be ignored because you’re nothing but a vapid cheerleader.   But if sometimes we have the intellectual honesty to say, “nope, that ain’t right”. That’s when the man in the office can say, “maybe I should consider this...”
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2020, 03:28:00 pm »

Ok, what do we expect him to say?
Unless and until the states ask the feds for help, Trump cannot do much short of a take over of the states....
Understand the desire for reassurance but we need to keep expectations in line with what is legally possible.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2020, 03:28:26 pm »
Part of the job, unfortunately.

No president in recent memory has had to deal with these kinds of burdens FROM DAY ONE. No honeymoon, no grace period, no good will, nothing. Just attacks and lies, often from his own side. Disgusting.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2020, 03:31:40 pm »
Because it’s not our job, nor should it be, to stand up for ANY President IF HE IS NOT DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!   Conservatives are not loyal to cults of personality...or at least we didn’t use to be....  our job is to stand up for what is right...always.   And if that means sometimes the man in the big chair receives criticism, so be it.   Otherwise we are nothing but fawning sycophants (which is most definitely true of some here). 

He knows he can ignore the Dems, they’re ideological goons.  If you never speak ill of the President, you too can be ignored because you’re nothing but a vapid cheerleader.   But if sometimes we have the intellectual honesty to say, “nope, that ain’t right”. That’s when the man in the office can say, “maybe I should consider this...”

QFT.

If we as Conservatives don't hold our party's standard bearer's feet to the fire when he screws up or doesn't act in a proper time or manner as he should, if all we do is praise his name and nothing else...then we've become no better than the Progressive Left.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2020, 03:32:34 pm »
No president in recent memory has had to deal with these kinds of burdens FROM DAY ONE. No honeymoon, no grace period, no good will, nothing. Just attacks and lies, often from his own side. Disgusting.

*cough* Bush 43 *cough*

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2020, 03:33:47 pm »
*cough* Bush 43 *cough*

@txradioguy I respect you but you’re wrong.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2020, 03:38:47 pm »
Trump was accused of treason with Russia not just by the media but from our so-called leaders of the House. Treason!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2020, 03:43:24 pm »
*cough* Bush 43 *cough*
The ANSWER/Moveon.org crowd were big on Bush... I used to go down and do the counter protests
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 04:00:16 pm by EdinVA »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2020, 03:45:49 pm »
First, I want to suggest that wanting to hear from the president isn't criticism. If anything, it's support. He's our president; we want to hear from him.

Second, I doubt anyone wants him to announce he or the federal government is taking over anything. We don't want bellicosity. Just calmly urge people to respect Mr. Floyd's memory by doing something constructive, remind them that criminal action is not a solution to any problem and that it will not be tolerated. Express support and empathy for those suffering.

Yes, we know, CNN and the rest of the leftist loons will find fault no matter what he says, but rational people may take heart and encouragement from it.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2020, 03:54:05 pm »
Because it’s not our job, nor should it be, to stand up for ANY President IF HE IS NOT DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!   

No one has a problem with this.  But give a cogent reason --- beyond the media's talking points.  It's up to us to be better informed with more than their trash talk.

Or not ... whatever floats your boat.  :shrug:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2020, 03:54:29 pm »
First, I want to suggest that wanting to hear from the president isn't criticism. If anything, it's support. He's our president; we want to hear from him.

Second, I doubt anyone wants him to announce he or the federal government is taking over anything. We don't want bellicosity. Just calmly urge people to respect Mr. Floyd's memory by doing something constructive, remind them that criminal action is not a solution to any problem and that it will not be tolerated. Express support and empathy for those suffering.

Yes, we know, CNN and the rest of the leftist loons will find fault no matter what he says, but rational people may take heart and encouragement from it.

Point taken.

But as usual, those of us sitting behind our keyboards, with no direct knowledge or experience with the actual situation at hand, always seem to know what actions the principal should take. Aren’t we, sitting at home, all so smart.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2020, 03:59:39 pm »
But as usual, those of us sitting behind our keyboards, with no direct knowledge or experience with the actual situation at hand, always seem to know what actions the principal should take. Aren’t we, sitting at home, all so smart.
Indeed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2020, 04:03:04 pm »
*cough* Bush 43 *cough*

I'm sorry did I miss the Washington Post headline "Impeachment Starts Today" on Jan 20, 2000 or Jan 20, 2004?

How about the 3 year investigation into candidate and President Bush 43, his administration, his associates and his family --- most of it illegal.  Did I miss this?

How about that crazy impeachment over a transcribed phone call with a foreign leader ... it's a miracle George Bush 43 survived.  Oh, wait .... did I get this wrong?

*cough* is right.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2020, 04:03:09 pm »
Point taken.

I can't tell you how many times I have uttered these words - from Little League parents and labor unions alike:

The world's easiest job is to be a critic.
John Steinbeck

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2020, 04:03:30 pm »
@txradioguy I respect you but you’re wrong.

Really?  Sorry you feel that way.

But let's look at it.

He was facing attempts to stop him from even taking office with the whole ballot recount fraud pushed by Algore and the Dems.

Hanging chads anyone?  And because of that he spent his whole 8 years hearing he was an illegitimate President form the usual suspects on the Left.  Most of the same voices we hear today as a matter of fact.

Then he had to deal with the issue with China holding a naval flight crew and one of our inteilligence gathering planes hostage for IIRC almost a month.

Right on the heels of that we had 9/11.  Two warfronts to manage.  Constant barrage by the press.  Nightly death counts like we were back in the Vietnam War again.

You seem to have forgotten purposely or because of time the daily...almost hourly beating he took in the press over that. 

Being blamed (falsely) and repeatedly by the media for "one million civilian deaths in Iraq".

Pelosi and company calling General David a liar.

Then you had the dynamic duo of Wilson and Plame and their stupid games they were playing at the CIA.

Dubai Ports

The Dems going to court...repeatedly...to try and get the visitor logs to see who the VP was using as advisors on his energy task force.

Being personally blamed for Hurricane Katrina.  "George Bush hates black people!"

Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

How many votes did the Dems try to get through the House to impeach him?  Remember the group that met in a Storage closet to conduct their "hearing".

A book and movie made about made about the assassination of George W. Bush.

Practically every celebrity, Blue Checked Liberal twitter bleep and MSM "journalist" that are hurling slings and arrows at Trump right now, were doing the same exact thing to Bush 43.

Shall I continue?

« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 04:06:35 pm by txradioguy »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2020, 04:04:36 pm »
The ANSWER/Moveon.org crowd were big on Bush... I used to go down and do the counter protests

Moveon.org was created out of the ashes of the Bush v Gore Florida recount if memory serves.

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2020, 04:12:06 pm »

Shall I continue?

Yes. 

And don't leave out the illegal wiretapping, unmasking, independent counsel, threatening members of the Bush clan with prison, Bush's fraudulent impeachment with testimony rampant with perjuries --- (oh, and try to weave in how many officeholders called for Bush's impeachment ... you know, "the mother***er") 

Thanks.