Author Topic: Leo Terrell is furious at fellow Dems over riots: I’m a black voter and you have lost me if you don’  (Read 229 times)

rangerrebew

Leo Terrell is furious at fellow Dems over riots: I’m a black voter and you have lost me if you don’t stand up to these criminals
May 30, 2020 | Frieda Powers | Print Article

American civil rights attorney Leo Terrell called out Democrats who have not stepped up to publicly condemn crime in the wake of protests against the death of George Floyd.

The radio talk show host told Fox News’ Sean Hannity on Friday that so-called protesters are using the death of the Minneapolis man this week while under police custody as an excuse to go on crime sprees in American cities. And Democrats, fearful of losing the black vote in November, are staying silent.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/05/30/leo-terrell-is-furious-at-fellow-dems-over-riots-im-a-black-voter-and-you-have-lost-me-if-you-dont-stand-up-to-these-criminals-927841

Offline aligncare

That was a jaw dropping moment for me, listening online, and for Larry Elder, a frequent critic of Terrell’s. But, you gotta give Leo his props, he can be intellectually honest at times.

Which brings me to a point. Leo is not a leftist, he is a liberal, like Alan Dershowitz. And while I disagree with many liberal ideas, I don’t disagree with all of it. Classical liberalism is rooted in constitutional liberties (it’s root derivation). The problem is Leftists have hijacked liberalism and distorted it’s meaning beyond recognition.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That was a jaw dropping moment for me, listening online, and for Larry Elder, a frequent critic of Terrell’s. But, you gotta give Leo his props, he can be intellectually honest at times.

Which brings me to a point. Leo is not a leftist, he is a liberal, like Alan Dershowitz. And while I disagree with many liberal ideas, I don’t disagree with all of it. Classical liberalism is rooted in constitutional liberties (it’s root derivation). The problem is Leftists have hijacked liberalism and distorted it’s meaning beyond recognition.

@aligncare

WELL SAID!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!