Author Topic: As Police Station Goes Up in Flames, Minneapolis Mayor Frey Accuses Trump of ‘Weakness’ in Response  (Read 534 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
As Police Station Goes Up in Flames, Minneapolis Mayor Frey Accuses Trump of ‘Weakness’ in Response to President’s Threat to Bring in National Guard to Stop Riots
By Kristinn Taylor
Published May 29, 2020 at 2:14am

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey (D) lashed out at President Trump in an overnight press conference on the looting and burning of his city by protesters and Trump’s threat to bring in the national guard to save the city of Frey won’t.

Frey told reporters it was his decision Thursday night to have police officers abandon the 3rd Precinct police station that was taken over by protesters who looted and burned the building.

Wednesday night protesters rioted, looted and torched several businesses and buildings while protesting the death in police custody on Monday of George Floyd.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/05/police-station-goes-flames-minneapolis-mayor-frey-accuses-trump-weakness-response-presidents-threat-bring-national-guard-stop-riots/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Which part of the term "National Guard" infers weakness?

Sounds like Frey has some challenge issues understanding our language.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 03:04:53 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sounds like some good ol' P-R-O-J-E-C-T-I-O-N goin' on here...

Offline mountaineer

Mayor Frey is so upset, he's going to go home, don his plaid PJs and have a cup of cocoa to relax.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Meanwhile, the rest of the Democommie universe is calling him a tyrant for saying he'll shoot looters.

Hippity hop, back and forth across that line.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

The mayor of Minneapolis is collapsing. He's lashing out and looking for others to blame for his weakness
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
This is a text from my sis, she lives in the SW suburb of Apple Valley:

"We're making you aware, things are tense here in AV. Stores are closed, some have boarded their store fronts. There is a statewide curfew of 8pm. Dakota county too. Rumors, some say credible, have said rioters will target suburbs. Many out of state vehicles have been seen in AV from the west coast. We do not know what is going to take place we just have to trust PD and Sheriffs will have it in hand. Please pray for us and everyone."
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

Prayers, indeed, FV. I hope these folks are armed.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Prayers, indeed, FV. I hope these folks are armed.

My sis is. She doesn't play around. We grew up next to a state prison.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
She also said the Nat'l Guard rolled in last night.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

The governor and mayor (not Trump) have failed the people of MSP. They have responsibility for public safety. Even though the governor called in the National Guard, I hear, they're not being permitted to do anything.

Offline aligncare

The democrats failed the city. Their distorted policy of giving the rioters space and time to vent their anger (by burning and looting) is a bankrupt strategy.

The republican Mayor Giuliani’s policy was, the first protester to throw a bottle at police were immediately arrested, the second protester to throw a bottle was arrested. There usually wasn’t a third bottle thrown.

Offline mountaineer

The democrats failed the city. Their distorted policy of giving the rioters space and time to vent their anger (by burning and looting) is a bankrupt strategy.

The republican Mayor Giuliani’s policy was, the first protester to throw a bottle at police were immediately arrested, the second protester to throw a bottle was arrested. There usually wasn’t a third bottle thrown.
Rudy's "broken window" policy should be adopted by every mayor in the country. Unfortunately, it isn't, and lawlessness is the result.

As an aside, are there any major cities with Republican mayors? Anyone know?*

*I just did a quick search. Looks like San Diego, Jacksonville, Fort Worth, El Paso, OKC, Fresno, Omaha, Mesa, Colorado Springs, Miami, Va. Beach, Tulsa and Arlington (TX). How many riots will there be in those cities today?

@Applewood The mob is planning protests downtown Pgh today, I've read. You can be Mayor Pedoofus will do nothing to protect citizens and businesses.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 01:38:18 pm by mountaineer »

Offline goatprairie

Frey is a gutless, radical leftist punk. I'm pretty sure he'd rather see half of Minneapolis go up in flames than issue orders to shoot rioters. It's obvious he hates the police.
If the citizens of Minneapolis vote him back in, they deserve what they get.
They've been electing a lot of these radical leftists lately. The mayor of Portland, Oregon, Ted Wheeler, is also a radical leftist. He let Antifa control the traffic a few years ago and harass citizens.
Lori  Lightfoot is another radical leftist.
DiBlasio in NYC.
These idiots control many American cities now.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
mountaineer wrote:
"Even though the governor called in the National Guard, I hear, they're not being permitted to do anything."

If that's the case, send in U.S. Army troops.
Mr. Trump is already on this, soldiers from Ft. Drum, Ft. Bragg and Ft. Riley have been put on alert to be ready to move out and head up there.

Before anyone jumps in to say "he can't do that", see the Insurrection Act of 1807. This law was used to send in troops to L.A. during the Rodney King riots.

When the local police and National Guard won't do the job, send in the Army...

See this article:
https://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-puts-military-police-alert-051546322.html

Addendum:
Copied from another site:
"The Insurrection Act of 1807 provides the necessary authority. As amended over the years, it allows the president to deploy troops upon the request of a state’s governor or legislature to help put down an insurrection within that state. It also allows the president to deploy troops unilaterally, either because he determines that rebellious activity has made it “impracticable” to enforce federal law through regular means, or because he deems it necessary to suppress “insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy” (terms not defined in the statute) that hinders the rights of a class of people or “impedes the course of justice.”
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 04:17:08 pm by Fishrrman »