Author Topic: The pandemic isn’t over. But America sure seems over it.  (Read 171 times)

Offline Applewood

The pandemic isn’t over. But America sure seems over it.

We’re over it. The masks, the kids, the Lysol. Over it. The tragic hair, the diminished hygiene, the endless construction next door, the Zoom meetings from hell, the mind games with the unemployment office, the celibacy, the short tempers and long evenings, the looking forward to the mail, the feeling guilty about the mail carrier working double time, the corporate compassion pushing products we didn’t need even before the world went funky and febrile.
“There is a pent-up demand” to resume normal life, said President Trump, also over it, in the Rose Garden on Tuesday. “And you’re going to see it more and more.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-pandemic-isn-t-over-but-america-sure-seems-over-it/ar-BB14KY2O?ocid=msedgntp

Yes, I know it's WaPo (sorry I don't have a subscription, so I can't post the original), but I think this piece sums up how most of us are feeling.  IMHO it's not just about bringing back the economy; it's about bringing back our sanity.  Just can't keep people cooped up for so long. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The pandemic isn’t over. But America sure seems over it.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 10:46:10 pm »
"Kill every whitey you see" takes priority.  Get with the program.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

Re: The pandemic isn’t over. But America sure seems over it.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 11:10:19 pm »
We see the numbers of new cases and of deaths falling on a daily basis. We know that the average flu season lasts from Oct-May and it's GUESS WHAT!! the end of May right now. We're not buying the hysteria any more.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org