Author Topic: Michelle Obama: It's up to everyone to root out racism  (Read 400 times)

Offline libertybele

Michelle Obama: It's up to everyone to root out racism
« on: May 31, 2020, 12:03:00 am »
Michelle Obama: It's up to everyone to root out racism

Non-black folks also need to help root out racism, former first lady Michelle Obama said this week while speaking out over the death of George Floyd.
Obama expressed grief over the recent killing of Floyd, as well as other black men and women in recent weeks, in a Facebook post on Friday.
"Like so many of you, I'm pained by these recent tragedies," she wrote. "And I'm exhausted by a heartbreak that never seems to stop."
Obama went on to mention Floyd, Breonna Taylor and Ahmaud Arbery, as well as Eric Garner, Sandra Bland and Michael Brown.

"It just goes on, and on, and on. Race and racism is a reality that so many of us grow up learning to just deal with. But if we ever hope to move past it, it can't just be on people of color to deal with it," she wrote. "It's up to all of us—Black, white, everyone—no matter how well-meaning we think we might be, to do the honest, uncomfortable work of rooting it out."...........

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/30/politics/michelle-obama-george-floyd-statement-trnd/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Michelle Obama: It's up to everyone to root out racism
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 12:16:42 am »
Somehow I get the feeling, if someone blew up the Obama or Clinton Library as a political protest, it would not be viewed as favorably as the "protests" in Minnesota.

I had to think long and hard while writing the above, lest someone think I was on my way to Chicago or Hope with incendiary devices in my vehicle.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 12:22:06 am »
Somehow I get the feeling, if someone blew up the Obama or Clinton Library as a political protest, it would not be viewed as favorably as the "protests" in Minnesota.

I had to think long and hard while writing the above, lest someone think I was on my way to Chicago or Hope with incendiary devices in my vehicle.

It is unfortunate that she didn't take the opportunity to try to "calm" the rioting nor did she state that rioting is the wrong reaction.  That to me speaks volumes.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 12:26:59 am »
It is unfortunate that she didn't take the opportunity to try to "calm" the rioting nor did she state that rioting is the wrong reaction.  That to me speaks volumes.

Why would she do that?  Most of the problem we have today is because the gains made over the last 50 years were squandered during her husband's administration.  The path to a colorblind society was halted, and a divide between races was placed on the front burner.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 12:27:54 am »

You could say the same about 90% of our "leaders" out there. I have news for the Democrats: if Trump follows through and sends active duty troops to reclaim the peace, Biden won't have to leave his basement...Trump will win in a landslide.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 12:32:57 am »
You could say the same about 90% of our "leaders" out there. I have news for the Democrats: if Trump follows through and sends active duty troops to reclaim the peace, Biden won't have to leave his basement...Trump will win in a landslide.

I would like to think you are correct @Night Hides Not but I'm not so confident.  This 'rioting' goes beyond retribution for Floyd, this 'rioting' is filled with hate; liberals against conservatives.  I not only see a race war brewing, but a civil war.  If Trump intends to call out the military police, he needs to do it now rather than later.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 12:35:51 am »
Too much humanity for the Mooch to attempt to fake.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 12:46:58 am »
I watched some video's of the protests.  I watched FOX news at DC protest before they were "run off".  There were lots of white people.  Sorry Michelle, but White people don't approve of police brutality either.  And it wasn't all Antifa either.

No matter the color of your skin police brutality is wrong.  Wonder if Michelle ever heard of this story?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/29/heres-why-we-dont-see-protests-when-police-unjustly-kill-white-people/
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 01:15:01 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Quasar44

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 01:27:25 am »
She and Odemon are the king and queen of racism

Offline Quasar44

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2020, 01:30:25 am »
Fat queen of sedition. 

What a fraud
You think she cares about the avg folks