Author Topic: The Minneapolis police officer who knelt on George Floyd's neck had 18 previous complaints against h  (Read 267 times)

Offline libertybele

The Minneapolis police officer who knelt on George Floyd's neck had 18 previous complaints against him, police department says

The former Minneapolis police officer seen in a video with his knee on George Floyd's neck had 18 prior complaints filed against him with the Minneapolis Police Department's Internal Affairs, according to the police department.
It's unclear what the internal affairs complaints against the officer, Derek Chauvin, were for. MPD did not provide additional details.
Chauvin was fired this week, along with three other MPD officers who were present when Chauvin knelt on Floyd's neck. Police have said they were responding to an alleged forgery at a corner store.
Floyd, a 46-year-old black man who was unarmed and handcuffed, pleaded that he could not breathe. He was soon after declared dead at a nearby hospital, according to authorities. ...........

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/us/minneapolis-officer-complaints-george-floyd/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

I'm seeing stories that Amy Klobuchar declined to prosecute him when she had the opportunity.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

I'm seeing stories that Amy Klobuchar declined to prosecute him when she had the opportunity.

Amy Klobuchar didn’t prosecute one of the cops who killed George Floyd after a 2006 shooting

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-amy-klobuchar-george-floyd-derek-chauvin-wayne-reyes-20200529-uusa5vo3z5bufnyzbch4ve44dy-story.html

According to this article, others also had complaints against them, that she did nothing about. 

I'd love to see Sloe Joe pick her as his running mate.

As a note; I take issue with the headline of the article; it states that one of the cops that killed him ... this hasn't gone to trial yet.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 02:15:09 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

Oh goodie.  Minnesota’s favorite liberal daughter may be responsible for allowing this brute to continue his abuse of power.

Can’t wait to see how her fan club responds to that news as their city gets torn apart...
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.