Author Topic: The election is in November, not today  (Read 253 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The election is in November, not today
« on: May 28, 2020, 02:02:33 pm »
May 28, 2020
The election is in November, not today
By Silvio Canto, Jr.

By the first Tuesday of November, American voters will decide whether to keep President Trump or give former VP Joe Biden a chance. 

Can today's polls tell us anything?   My guess is no, as we saw in this recent reminder from Scott Rasmussen:   

In May of 2004, while running for reelection, President George W. Bush’s job approval rating was a few points under the 50% mark. Six months later, when the election arrived, his approval numbers had inched just above the 50% mark and he won just over 50% of the vote.

President Barack Obama’s reelection effort followed exactly the same pattern. For most of his first term, Obama’s approval ratings held steady a few points below 50%. Then, in the final six months leading up to the election, his ratings inched up a few points enabling him to win just over 50% of the vote.

Do you remember the polls showing Mitt Romney beating President Obama or the ones showing several candidates beating President Bush?  I do.

On election day, Americans will look at the two men and ask a couple of questions:

1) Which one of these two guys will be better at rebuilding the economy? 

2) Which one of these presidents will be tougher on China?

My prediction is that they will vote for President Trump even if they find his tweet wars with Joe Scarborough as troubling as I do.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/05/the_election_is_in_november_not_today.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Re: The election is in November, not today
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 02:05:18 pm »
On election day, Americans will look at the two men and ask a couple of questions:

Which one do I hate the most

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 02:13:25 pm »
Which one do I hate the most

Hard to hate Biden though. He's like your elderly grandpa with a few screws loose.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 02:38:35 pm »
Hard to hate Biden though. He's like your elderly grandpa with a few screws loose.

Biden’s been in government 40 years. He is seen as representing everything we hate about government. The regulatory bloat, the bureaucracy, the top down iron-fisted authority and the political and financial corruption endemic to Washington.

Trump is seen by many, many people in the heartland as the antidote.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 05:02:57 pm »
Some choice. Your one elderly grandpa with a few screws loose, versus your other elderly grandpa whose bolts were ill fitted in the first place.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.