Author Topic: President Trump Will Sign Executive Order on Social Media Censorship  (Read 507 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Allum Bokhari27 May 20202,190
2:44

President Donald Trump will sign an executive order on social media censorship amid rapidly intensifying political bias from the Silicon Valley Masters of the Universe.

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany told reporters aboard Air Force one that the president will shortly sign the executive order, although no further details were given about what it will consist of.

Jeff Mason
✔
@jeffmason1

.@realDonaldTrump will sign an executive order shortly about social media and internet companies, @PressSec tells reporters on Air Force One. The president has been very critical of @Twitter in the last 24 hours.
5:21 PM - May 27, 2020

This comes after Trump warned social media companies that continued political bias would lead to action from the administration.

“Republicans feel that Social Media Platforms totally silence conservatives voices,” said the President on Twitter earlier today. “We will strongly regulate, or close them down, before we can ever allow this to happen.”

The President also said Twitter was “interfering in the 2020 presidential election,” after the platform “fact checked” his tweets raising widely-held concerns about voter fraud in mail-in ballots.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/05/27/president-trump-will-sign-executive-order-on-social-media-censorship/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FNC’s Andrew Napolitano: I’ll ‘Defend to the Death’ Twitter’s Right to Fact Check Trump
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/05/27/fncs-andrew-napolitano-ill-defend-to-the-death-twitters-right-to-fact-check-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
FNC’s Andrew Napolitano: I’ll ‘Defend to the Death’ Twitter’s Right to Fact Check Trump
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/05/27/fncs-andrew-napolitano-ill-defend-to-the-death-twitters-right-to-fact-check-trump/

Thank God "Always Wrong" Nappy weighed in.  For a second there I thought Trump might be on thin ice.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

He'll lose bigtime on this one... and wind up looking like the censor.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This will mostly likely get struck down in the courts.
The Republic is lost.

Online Right_in_Virginia

He'll lose bigtime on this one... and wind up looking like the censor.

Have you already read the EO?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

@Right_in_Virginia

Shhhh........      :2popcorn:      :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

This will mostly likely get struck down in the courts.

What will get stuck down in the courts?  We don't know what the EO says yet.

For all we know POTUS could be pulling all of the Executive Branch Departments out of Twitter AND Facebook.   :shrug:

Besides, the administration has been working on this since 2019. Hopefully there's been more than one legal viewing. 

This has my attention.   happy77

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

Shhhh........      :2popcorn:      :laugh:

Seriously ... they'll be calling for impeachment by midnight.  88devil

@DCPatriot

Online roamer_1

Don't have to. Anything with any bite will be countered successfully.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: President Trump Will Sign Executive Order on Social Media Censorship
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 03:14:01 am »
Maybe if he doesn't like Twitter he should stop tweeting.  I don't think the outcome is going to be what he thinks.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Longiron

Re: President Trump Will Sign Executive Order on Social Media Censorship
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 04:24:54 pm »
What will get stuck down in the courts?  We don't know what the EO says yet.

For all we know POTUS could be pulling all of the Executive Branch Departments out of Twitter AND Facebook.   :shrug:

Besides, the administration has been working on this since 2019. Hopefully there's been more than one legal viewing. 

This has my attention.   happy77

That is my question: What does it say? Anyone know? Or just a strongly worded Memo?