Author Topic: Fmr. CBS News boss says ‘liberal-leaning’ media past point of no return to fairness. Next act will  (Read 592 times)

rangerrebew

Fmr. CBS News boss says ‘liberal-leaning’ media past point of no return to fairness. Next act will be worse.

May 26, 2020 | Jon Dougherty | Print Article

The former president of CBS News noted in a Wall Street Journal column Tuesday that the “liberal-leaning” media has reached a point where its credibility can no longer be salvaged after moving too far to the political Left.

Van Gordon Sauter began his column by noting that roughly 35 years ago he was having lunch with Jeane Kirkpatrick, a Democrat who was appointed by then-President Ronald Reagan, a conservative Republican, to be his foreign policy adviser and, later, his ambassador to the United Nations.

Even back then, Sauter, said, Kirkpatrick complained about the “liberal leaning” media, which the CBS News chief noted was really just a “liberal tilt” that could be fixed.

It turns out that Kirkpatrick was prophetic and Sauter was just wrong.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/05/26/fmr-cbs-news-boss-says-liberal-leaning-media-past-point-of-no-return-to-fairness-next-act-will-be-worse-925923

Offline aligncare

Leaning? That building done fell left a long time ago.

Offline PeteS in CA

IMO, the "lean" was already happening in 1960, when MSM "reporters" covered up JFK's promiscuous infidelities during the Presidential campaign. 1964, Daisy and LOLITS. 1976, Ford the Klutz. 1980, Reagan the Warmonger. 1992, GHWB and supermarket scanners. 1997 or 1998, pretending Monica's blue dress until it tested positive for Clinton's DNA. 2004-2006, Memogate and Cindy Sheehan. 2008-Present, Obamian lapdoggery. 2015-Present, steroidal TDS. Just a few milestones.

I think MSM lean became a crash and progressive collapse during Clinton's MalAdministration.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline aligncare

Don’t believe the liberal media.

Online mountaineer

CBS' Walter Cronkite's anti-war stance during the Vietnam War was apparent to anyone who watched, I should think. It really isn't that difficult to present oneself as an unbiased reporter of facts, but it certainly is rare.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
CBS' Walter Cronkite's anti-war stance during the Vietnam War was apparent to anyone who watched, I should think. It really isn't that difficult to present oneself as an unbiased reporter of facts, but it certainly is rare.

IIRC, the sentiment I got while watching Cronkite during the war was one of pain and sorrow reporting on more than 53,000 KIA.

Of course, I was 18 to 28 years old at the time.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 07:31:07 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
IMO, the "lean" was already happening in 1960, when MSM "reporters" covered up JFK's promiscuous infidelities during the Presidential campaign. 1964, Daisy and LOLITS. 1976, Ford the Klutz. 1980, Reagan the Warmonger. 1992, GHWB and supermarket scanners. 1997 or 1998, pretending Monica's blue dress until it tested positive for Clinton's DNA. 2004-2006, Memogate and Cindy Sheehan. 2008-Present, Obamian lapdoggery. 2015-Present, steroidal TDS. Just a few milestones.

I think MSM lean became a crash and progressive collapse during Clinton's MalAdministration.
Yep. You have been paying attention.  And let's not forget surrendering Vietnam after Tet in '68.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Absalom

The political shift gained momentum after the Civil War as industrialism replaced our agrarian
and mercantile economy.
This concentrated economic influence in urban centers; in particular DC, our political core.
Our entry into the Great War then internationalized our politics away from its earlier insular
focus, as we became a world power.
These forces/factors have produced a media that is at the core of the existing power structure;
having absolutely nothing to do w/ the First Amendment.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The political shift gained momentum after the Civil War as industrialism replaced our agrarian
and mercantile economy.
This concentrated economic influence in urban centers; in particular DC, our political core.
Our entry into the Great War then internationalized our politics away from its earlier insular
focus, as we became a world power.
These forces/factors have produced a media that is at the core of the existing power structure;
having absolutely nothing to do w/ the First Amendment.
The political core of which you speak was in New York and New England, and in the minds of the banking class and media still is.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Absalom

The political core of which you speak was in New York and New England, and in the minds of the banking class and media still is.
------------------
Indeed and well said.

Offline goatprairie

Although I was too young to vote, I well remember the '64 prez campaign.
Barry Goldwater was vilified in the media and just about everywhere else.
He never had a chance considering the mood of the country and the bias of the even then extremely liberal press. Even MAD Magazine depicted him as a warmonger itching to start WW3.
So the idea that the media just recently turned liberal is absurd. It's been exceptionally liberal for more than half a century.  Even the Chicago Tribune is now just another liberal garbage news machine.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I posted an excerpt from and link to the original Townhall article that disappeared during the clean up in aisle one @Cyber Liberty

Perhaps you can return this to the thread ---

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I posted an excerpt from and link to the original Townhall article that disappeared during the clean up in aisle one @Cyber Liberty

Perhaps you can return this to the thread ---

I have no idea where that was....Was it from this thread?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Right_in_Virginia

I have no idea where that was....Was it from this thread?

No, sir.  Wrong thread. 

But thanks.

@Cyber Liberty

« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 05:37:26 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: