Author Topic: Minneapolis mayor calls for arrest of officer in George Floyd case  (Read 3740 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Minneapolis mayor calls for arrest of officer in George Floyd case
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2020, 10:28:47 pm »
Twenty-four hours have passed, yet no arrest.  Why is that, Mr. Mayor?  Are you really that incompetent?  You put out this video showboating about how you ordered an arrest.  Yet still no arrest.  Typical Dem Fail.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2020, 10:33:35 pm »
txradio wrote:
"Which is why the body cam footage needs to be released now instead of later."

As I started reading this thread, first thought was, were the cops wearing body cams?

So... they were...?

OK then, let's go to the videotape... that ought to help clarify things, one way or the other...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2020, 10:39:31 pm »
Twenty-four hours have passed, yet no arrest.  Why is that, Mr. Mayor?  Are you really that incompetent?  You put out this video showboating about how you ordered an arrest.  Yet still no arrest.  Typical Dem Fail.
The mayor doesn't initiate arrests, the county prosecutor does. Apparently, he's doing more investigation.

James A. Gagliano  @JamesAGagliano
#Breaking: During presser in Minneapolis, Hennepin County Atty Michael Freeman says #GeorgeFloyd video “graphic, horrific & terrible.” His job to prove “violation of criminal statute.”

Then drops bombshell:

“But there is other evidence that does not support a criminal charge.”
6:24 PM · May 28, 2020·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2020, 10:40:15 pm »
The mayor doesn't initiate arrests, the county prosecutor does. Apparently, he's doing more investigation.

:2popcorn:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2020, 10:48:06 pm »
The Minneapolis police chief has confirmed that the majority of the looters aren't actually from the city.

Let me find my shocked face.
Professional looters! Bring in the trucks and have a big screen/electronics roundup!

(Likely organized gangs who have the structure in place to take advantage of this stuff)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2020, 10:54:44 pm »

That could take weeks.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2020, 11:02:29 pm »
Professional looters! Bring in the trucks and have a big screen/electronics roundup!

(Likely organized gangs who have the structure in place to take advantage of this stuff)

Antifa and BLM are the first to come to mind. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2020, 11:05:37 pm »
That could take weeks.
:shrug: The feds are investigating, too.
... When asked why the video was not enough evidence to produce probable cause for a criminal charge against Chauvin Hennepin County Attorney Michael Freeman told reporters, “There is other evidence that doesn’t support a criminal charge.”

Freeman was joined by members of the FBI and US Attorney’s Office, who said speaking out on an investigation when no charges are pending is unusual for federal law enforcement officials. But the officials stressed the importance of informing the public that an active investigation is underway was important as unrest continued for the third straight night in Minnesota. 
link
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2020, 11:07:36 pm »
That could take weeks.

That SHOULD take weeks. Accusing someone of murder here, after all.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2020, 11:12:28 pm »

It doesn't matter now.. the media has crucified the two officers and no matter the outcome, they will never work again.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2020, 11:13:25 pm »

There are other things to charge people with besides murder.  If the mayor is going to mouth off like that, he better be able to back it up.  If not, then he is part of the problem.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2020, 11:14:51 pm »
It doesn't matter now.. the media has crucified the two officers and no matter the outcome, they will never work again.

Well not in that state anyway...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2020, 11:17:42 pm »
:shrug: The feds are investigating, too.link
If there is other evidence that does not support a criminal charge, it should be produced to take some of the wind out of the sails of the looters and such. Otherwise, they have another Baltimore.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2020, 11:19:16 pm »
txradio wrote:

As I started reading this thread, first thought was, were the cops wearing body cams?

So... they were...?

OK then, let's go to the videotape... that ought to help clarify things, one way or the other...

Where then did the video come from @ link? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2020, 11:20:55 pm »
There are other things to charge people with besides murder.  If the mayor is going to mouth off like that, he better be able to back it up.  If not, then he is part of the problem.

I doubt very much that the DA will proffer charges any time soon. Normal protocols will be followed. They have to make a case, if they can, regardless of, or rather absent the media and everybody throwing dirt in the air.

LEOs are very governed by protocols, maybe more so than even military, and normally body-cammed, or at least recorded, and in that, painfully aware of following those protocols.

I will wait for the rest of the story.

Online libertybele

« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2020, 11:27:35 pm »
If there is other evidence that does not support a criminal charge, it should be produced to take some of the wind out of the sails of the looters and such. Otherwise, they have another Baltimore.

Based on what is being shown all over the news, I think it would be difficult to come up with evidence that does not support a criminal charge.  What is repeated on TV (and yes, I actually have watched the news clips for a change) is a Black man in handcuffs coming out of a building ...same man is down on the ground with a cop's knees into his neck. 

So ... I'm still trying to discern how someone who is handcuffed could pose such a severe threat that warrants him being on the ground with a knee to the neck.  That's that issue.  The next issue is the man on the ground stated more than once he couldn't breathe.  Again, he's in handcuffs...what threat did he pose that would warrant the cop continuing to knee him in the neck?  I don't find it very plausible that there is evidence to suggest that this abuse was warranted and that there was no criminal wrongdoing by the cop.

Yes, the media and others (including myself) have already presumed that the cop is guilty.  If anyone can come up with a scenario of how a man in handcuffs could pose a imminent threat and danger to the cop, please let me know.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2020, 11:43:16 pm »
If they do then it's not showing up in what I'm reading of their laws on my USCCA App.  It's pretty up to date on current laws. It even goes into detail on the separate restrictions Denver and a couple other cities have in place (no AR's magazine capacity limits).

I'm seeing none of that for Minnesota and they even have reciprocity with my CCDW permit from Kentucky.

@txradioguy

Denver is a very nice city,ran by some of the crookedest Dims in existence. One Mayor and the postmaster got convicted in Federal Court for selling brand new Post Office vans as surplus at a closed auction to friends in another state,and both went to prison for it.

Another,who was a VERY rabid anti-gunner who happened to inherit the Denver Post newspaper was arrested one night at the Denver Athletic Club for being drunk and pulling a concealed 44 Magnum pistol on another member,and threatening his life with it. THIS was the guy that didn't think citizens should be allowed to carry guns,and who insisted that bodyguards be restricted to only carrying 38 Special revolvers loaded with roundnosed lead bullets. I was doing some security and bodyguard work out there then,and had worked security at the DAC in the past,but wasn't there that night. I was told about it by a fellow employee that was there,though.

Oddly enough,The Denver Post didn't print a word about this arrest.

The Rocky Mountain News was more than happy to fill everyone in on the details,though. :yowsa:

Denver also had the most corrupt police department I ever had the misfortune to run into.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2020, 11:44:22 pm »
The Minneapolis police chief has confirmed that the majority of the looters aren't actually from the city.

Let me find my shocked face.

@txradioguy

Dyes jist dere fo the free shopping and de party.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2020, 11:45:33 pm »
txradio wrote:

So... they were...?

@Fishrrman

According to the first reports I read they were.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2020, 11:46:45 pm »
Based on what is being shown all over the news, I think it would be difficult to come up with evidence that does not support a criminal charge.  What is repeated on TV (and yes, I actually have watched the news clips for a change) is a Black man in handcuffs coming out of a building ...same man is down on the ground with a cop's knees into his neck. 

What happened in between? I mean first he is on the walk-side upright and being treated as he should...

And then he is on the street side, all balled up against the squad car with cops close-order around him and one of them on his head...

Don't it seem like maybe something else went on?

So ... I'm still trying to discern how someone who is handcuffed could pose such a severe threat that warrants him being on the ground with a knee to the neck.  That's that issue.  The next issue is the man on the ground stated more than once he couldn't breathe.  Again, he's in handcuffs...what threat did he pose that would warrant the cop continuing to knee him in the neck?  I don't find it very plausible that there is evidence to suggest that this abuse was warranted and that there was no criminal wrongdoing by the cop.

Cops get pretty inured to claims of complaint and pain. Everybody says they're killin em. The man obviously could breath or he wouldn't be speaking. I know for a fact that hold does not cause suffocation, and so does the cop. It becomes pretty easy to understand why the cop ignored his pleas.

Personally I think the guy had a heart episode or something... Sad the cop was not alarmed, but understandable.

Yes, the media and others (including myself) have already presumed that the cop is guilty.  If anyone can come up with a scenario of how a man in handcuffs could pose a imminent threat and danger to the cop, please let me know.

I don't know what happened... But if it were me, and i am in custody, and I struggle or bolt, the take-down would look a whole lot like that.

It is about being subdued. Compliance. Stop the bullsh*t and I let up on you. And it happens just like that all the time.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2020, 11:48:35 pm »

@Hoodat

MY best GUESS is they will be charged with Manslaughter for PC reasons,and the charges will probably dropped down to some lesser charge so they can get probation.

Online libertybele

« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2020, 11:56:51 pm »
What happened in between? I mean first he is on the walk-side upright and being treated as he should...

And then he is on the street side, all balled up against the squad car with cops close-order around him and one of them on his head...

Don't it seem like maybe something else went on?

Cops get pretty inured to claims of complaint and pain. Everybody says they're killin em. The man obviously could breath or he wouldn't be speaking. I know for a fact that hold does not cause suffocation, and so does the cop. It becomes pretty easy to understand why the cop ignored his pleas.

Personally I think the guy had a heart episode or something... Sad the cop was not alarmed, but understandable.

I don't know what happened... But if it were me, and i am in custody, and I struggle or bolt, the take-down would look a whole lot like that.

It is about being subdued. Compliance. Stop the bullsh*t and I let up on you. And it happens just like that all the time.

I hear what you are saying.  The fact still remains that the guy is in handcuffs ... unless somehow he wriggled out of them and they had to recuff him ... but from what I could tell, handcuffs were still on ... he may have tried to bolt, so ... ok, that's a scenario I hadn't thought of. .... so he was thrown to the ground with a knee to the neck to keep him from bolting.  However, just because the cops are used to hearing that one can't breathe, doesn't excuse the cop from not letting up. 

I don't doubt that what you say happens all the time, but it doesn't make it right.

IF there is evidence that no crime was committed, it certainly isn't going to be accepted to an already very angry mob. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2020, 11:57:06 pm »
Denver is a very nice city,ran by some of the crookedest Dims in existence. One Mayor and the postmaster got convicted in Federal Court for selling brand new Post Office vans as surplus at a closed auction to friends in another state,and both went to prison for it.

@sneakypete

Back in the day, I boosted cars down in Denver for banks up here...
Technically repo if you color between the lines...
but if it is a repo, you go directly to a precinct and turn it in with papers... Otherwise it's GTA.
Then the car goes to impound where the city lets it sit there, tied tight in red tape until the value of the car expires against the impound fees, and they get it for free...

So maybe it's a boost, and a run for the state line - any surrounding state - whereupon you find a podunk town, ditch it in front of the cop shop, and go find a motel... The cops find it and run it, find the lien-holder's repo order... call the bank... they say they will send down a rep... Tomorrow you show up to drive the car home.

That was a really great gig.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 11:57:54 pm by roamer_1 »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2020, 11:59:42 pm »
There is a point in every execution when you can stop killing the dead guy.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2020, 12:03:56 am »
Prosecutors say they won't 'rush' charges against officers in George Floyd's death

Prosecutors in Minnesota said Thursday evening they won't “rush” to press charges against the officers involved in the death of George Floyd.

Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman told reporters during a press briefing that he would not “rush to justice” and plans to “do this right.”

He said the prosecutors plan to investigate the case “as expeditiously, as thoroughly and completely as justice demands.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/500045-floyd-prosecutors-say-they-wont-rush-charges
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34