Author Topic: Minneapolis mayor calls for arrest of officer in George Floyd case  (Read 3742 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Minneapolis mayor calls for arrest of officer in George Floyd case
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2020, 12:07:55 am »
Prosecutors say they won't 'rush' charges against officers in George Floyd's death

Prosecutors in Minnesota said Thursday evening they won't “rush” to press charges against the officers involved in the death of George Floyd.

Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman told reporters during a press briefing that he would not “rush to justice” and plans to “do this right.”

He said the prosecutors plan to investigate the case “as expeditiously, as thoroughly and completely as justice demands.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/500045-floyd-prosecutors-say-they-wont-rush-charges

That's great. I hope they burn the place to the ground in the meantime.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2020, 12:31:15 am »
@sneakypete

Back in the day, I boosted cars down in Denver for banks up here...
Technically repo if you color between the lines...
but if it is a repo, you go directly to a precinct and turn it in with papers... Otherwise it's GTA.
Then the car goes to impound where the city lets it sit there, tied tight in red tape until the value of the car expires against the impound fees, and they get it for free...

So maybe it's a boost, and a run for the state line - any surrounding state - whereupon you find a podunk town, ditch it in front of the cop shop, and go find a motel... The cops find it and run it, find the lien-holder's repo order... call the bank... they say they will send down a rep... Tomorrow you show up to drive the car home.

That was a really great gig.

@roamer_1

You're lucky you didn't get shot by the Denver cops. They had a car theft ring going too,and they didn't like competition.

One time a whole night shift for one section of the city was arrested for running a burglary ring. They were breaking in and stealing expensive clothes and jewelry from a big shopping center.

If I had stayed out there another two years,I would have been sniping at them from the roof tops.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2020, 12:34:08 am »
However, just because the cops are used to hearing that one can't breathe, doesn't excuse the cop from not letting up. 

The cop knows dang well he ain't preventing his air.

I don't doubt that what you say happens all the time, but it doesn't make it right.

In fact, yes it does. It is said folks wouldn't like to see how political sausage is made...
Even more so with law enforcement. I KNOW what's gonna happen if I buck them boys. And sometimes I have thought it would be worth it. Turns out, I was always wrong.

They deal with really rough people all the time. You give em a reason, any reason, they'll feed it to you bigtime, until you relent. They have to.

IF there is evidence that no crime was committed, it certainly isn't going to be accepted to an already very angry mob.

Right. That's why the bomb throwers get em all riled up right away... The political hay will be made either way it goes down.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2020, 12:42:53 am »
The cop knows dang well he ain't preventing his air.

In fact, yes it does. It is said folks wouldn't like to see how political sausage is made...
Even more so with law enforcement. I KNOW what's gonna happen if I buck them boys. And sometimes I have thought it would be worth it. Turns out, I was always wrong.

They deal with really rough people all the time. You give em a reason, any reason, they'll feed it to you bigtime, until you relent. They have to.

Right. That's why the bomb throwers get em all riled up right away... The political hay will be made either way it goes down.

Agreed, they don't have the right to loot and burn down buildings; unfortunately they feel justified.

We'll have to wait and see what evidence comes forth (if any) that exonerates the cop.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2020, 12:44:14 am »
Back in the day, I boosted cars down in Denver for banks up here...
Technically repo if you color between the lines...

Here's a photo of Roamer back in the early 80s teaching the new kid about repo.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2020, 01:25:24 am »
@Hoodat

MY best GUESS is they will be charged with Manslaughter for PC reasons,and the charges will probably dropped down to some lesser charge so they can get probation.

Got to wonder how much of this is attributable to COVID fatigue.  Everyone is on edge, and one never ever knows when one will snap.  Am sure that includes LEO too.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2020, 01:34:33 am »
Agreed, they don't have the right to loot and burn down buildings; unfortunately they feel justified.

We'll have to wait and see what evidence comes forth (if any) that exonerates the cop.

Yep. And I will reiterate, I don't know any which way, other than that don't look bad, or out of the ordinary to me... Wait and see...

Online roamer_1

« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2020, 01:36:05 am »
Here's a photo of Roamer back in the early 80s teaching the new kid about repo.

LOL! Nope. I was young and dumb back then... And that is definitely a young man's game.
 :beer:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2020, 01:42:01 am »
Got to wonder how much of this is attributable to COVID fatigue.  Everyone is on edge, and one never ever knows when one will snap.  Am sure that includes LEO too.

Agree. A great start to a long hot summer.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2020, 01:44:06 am »
Yes, at the end of the day, the LEO's are just people with all of their strengths and faults.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2020, 05:20:29 am »
‪Trump is making pronouncements on Twitter about things he legally can’t order re: the National Guard. Someone needs to explain this to him...quickly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2020, 11:33:32 am »
CNN crew arrested on live TV amid George Floyd protests in Minneapolis
By Amanda Woods
May 29, 2020 | 7:28am

A CNN crew was arrested on live TV as they covered protests in Minneapolis over the death of George Floyd.

Correspondent Omar Jimenez, and the crew with him, were handcuffed and detained by Minnesota State Police just after 5 a.m. local time, according to the network.

The crew was informed they were being detained because they were told to move and did not, one member said.

Officers in body armor and riot gear moved toward the crew after they first arrested a protester behind them, the live feed shows. ...
NYPost
 :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2020, 11:37:31 am »
 Minneapolis police release 911 transcript that started George Floyd arrest
By Yaron Steinbuch
May 29, 2020 | 7:01am
Minneapolis police have released the transcript of the 911 call that began with a report of someone, later determined to be George Floyd, using a counterfeit bill to buy cigarettes – and ended with his death while in police custody.

A clerk at Cup Foods called 911 at 8:01 p.m. and gave the address of the store, 3759 Chicago Ave., according to the Star Tribune.

“Someone comes our store and give us fake bills and we realize it before he left the store, and we ran back outside, they was sitting on their car,” the caller says in the transcript.

“We tell them to give us their phone, put their (inaudible) thing back and everything and he was also drunk and everything and return to give us our cigarettes back and so he can, so he can go home but he doesn’t want to do that, and he’s sitting on his car cause he is awfully drunk and he’s not in control of himself.” ...
https://nypost.com/2020/05/29/minn-police-release-call-that-led-to-fatal-george-floyd-incident/

Online mountaineer

« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2020, 11:40:01 am »
Here’s everything we know about the death of George Floyd (NY Post)
...  Surveillance footage from a nearby restaurant shows police arriving at the scene shortly after 8 p.m. and approaching a black minivan where Floyd is sitting with two other people.

Two officers walk up to the vehicle, its passenger-side door already open, and one shines a flashlight inside.

The second officer approaches Floyd and tells him to get out of the car, prompting a brief struggle before Floyd exits the vehicle. Meanwhile, the passenger and a woman sitting in the back seat are seen getting out of the minivan.

Moments later Floyd is seen, hands cuffed behind his back, being led to the side of a building by the two cops.

Floyd appears to be speaking to the officers but does not appear to resist.  ...

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2020, 01:09:01 pm »

There are a lot of films demonstrating why not to go public with your opinions. Of course,
they could have borrowed film from Baltimore or from California to see precisely
the same thing. There is a lot of film of dim cities run by dim politicians pissing off
the locals by failing to correct long-standing issues. Anger the locals and see how
long a dim city will stand.

Everything is OK says the Mayor and Governor. Want a riot? OK. Want to loot? OK.
Want to burn the jail? OK. Film it and pose in the shots? Great idea. Something for
our grandchildren to emulate.

Everything is excusable because we asked for a riot says the Mayor and Governor.

It will be free for all.

If you have a bad actor working for you, there are correct ways of correction. It is
not going to the press and saying they are fired. They are guilty. They did it.

Everyone knows this. The Mayor and Governor said let's make our city a burned-out
shell.

Better to have had an investigation, arrests, trial, and justice. Better to clean out the
bad actors before trouble. The heavyset Asian looking officer at the scene of the
death has a history as did the officer choking the life out of the local. Officers with
a past need to be culled from the force.

Dims are bad actors. They don't know how to manage a damn thing. Electing them
again will repeat this crap. Ask them their plan for what they have created. It won't
be a nanosecond before they ask the federal government for 20 to 40 million in
assistance.

If your city has a troubled past, time to move to a small village miles away from
the trouble, the bad officers, the incompetent corrupt politicians and reduce your
chance of getting caught up in some aspect of lawlessness.

The very same incompetent politician will soon be in front of cameras virtue signaling
how much they are choked up about the whole situation. Virtue signaling may get
an incompetent actor elected to office. It will not correct a repeated problem.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2020, 02:59:47 pm »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!