Author Topic: 'I understand the pain.' Trump says he spoke with members of George Floyd's family  (Read 223 times)

Online libertybele

'I understand the pain.' Trump says he spoke with members of George Floyd's family

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump said Friday he spoke with the family of George Floyd and asserted that his relatives are "entitled to justice" in the case.

"I understand the hurt. I understand the pain. People have really been through a lot," Trump told reporters at the White House. "The family of George is entitled to justice and the people of Minnesota are entitled to live in safety."

Former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was arrested Friday, days after video circulated of him holding his knee to Floyd's neck for at least eight minutes before Floyd died. Floyd's family released a statement following the arrest, calling it a "welcome but overdue step on the road to justice."

Trump's remarks came hours after an overnight tweet in which he called the Minneapolis mayor "very weak" and said that “thugs are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd." He also singled out looters, posting that "when the looting starts, the shooting starts."...............

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/05/29/george-floyd-donald-trump-says-he-spoke-minneapolis-mans-family/5284068002/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.