Author Topic: Cuomo Passes The Buck — ‘Obligation Is On The Nursing Home’ To Refuse His Order To Take COVID-19 Cas  (Read 414 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

David Krayden
Ottawa Bureau Chief
May 27, 2020 5:13 PM ET
Font Size:

Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo passed the buck on the nursing home tragedy Wednesday, saying nursing homes should have ignored his order and refused to take elderly patients infected with the coronavirus.

“The obligation is on the nursing home to say, ‘I can’t take a COVID-positive person. I’m too crowded. I’m too busy. I don’t have enough PPE.’ Whatever the answer is; it doesn’t even matter. If they say, ‘I can’t take the person,’ they can’t take the person. So … that’s how it works.”

But it was Cuomo’s order that forced state nursing homes to take in 4,500 patients with COVID-19, the Associated Press reported.

Cuomo issued the order to nursing homes and other assisted living centers on March 25, according to AP. He did not reverse that policy until May 11. A Daily Caller News Foundation investigation also discovered that New York undercounted the number of deaths in nursing homes.

The governor has also blamed President Donald Trump for the nursing home catastrophe, suggesting he was following federal government guidelines on where to send nursing home residents infected with the virus.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/27/gov-andrew-cuomo-nursing-homes-refuse-coronavirus-covid-19-cases/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

And a rather pathetic one at that.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
David Krayden
Ottawa Bureau Chief
May 27, 2020 5:13 PM ET
Font Size:

Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo passed the buck on the nursing home tragedy Wednesday, saying nursing homes should have ignored his order and refused to take elderly patients infected with the coronavirus.

What? That's was one of the most chicken shit cowardly things to say as a state leader in my entire memory.  An epic W-T-F comment if there ever was one.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

“The obligation is on the nursing home to say, ‘I can’t take a COVID-positive person. I’m too crowded. I’m too busy. I don’t have enough PPE.’ Whatever the answer is; it doesn’t even matter. If they say, ‘I can’t take the person,’ they can’t take the person. So … that’s how it works.”

What kind of cold-hearted moron would order a Covid-positive person to be put inside a nursing home to begin with?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What? That's was one of the most chicken shit cowardly things to say as a state leader in my entire memory.  An epic W-T-F comment if there ever was one.

It's especially WTF when you consider there was an explicit threat upon the licenses of the operators if they refused. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What kind of cold-hearted moron would order a Covid-positive person to be put inside a nursing home to begin with?

One death is a tragedy, 4,000 deaths are a statistic.  Cuomo ill not be held to task for this, even by his voters who will have forgotten dead whats-her-name Grandma.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So he gets to decide whether others must choose to say his orders are enforceable or not?

The guy should never leave NY state as he is dangerous to the law.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 01:17:25 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington