Author Topic: Widower asks Twitter to delete Trump tweets on death allegations  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Widower asks Twitter to delete Trump tweets on death allegations
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2020, 02:16:15 pm »
"I was going to vote for Trump because he's good for the economy!  No, wait!  He did a bad tweet, so now I'll never vote for Trump!"

Pavlov's dog.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2020, 02:17:10 pm »
@EasyAce

Thank you for the information about Timothy Klausutis.  I did remember reading he is or was an AF guy. 

As far as I can tell, this information does not support @dancer 's claim that Mr. Klausutis or his late wife's family were in any way unsavory. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2020, 02:39:29 pm »
"I was going to vote for Trump because he's good for the economy!  No, wait!  He did a bad tweet, so now I'll never vote for Trump!"

Pavlov's dog.

:thud:

You know, for some people character still matters 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2020, 02:56:58 pm »
:thud:

You know, for some people character still matters

And the rest of the people are deplorable and irredeemable.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2020, 04:43:28 pm »
CNN has nothing to do with this.  As predictably biased and dishonest as is media coverage of Trump, and any other Republican figure, Trump himself is showing us here what kind of man he is - a malignant narcissist who will reflexively seize on whatever rumor, lie, or insult he can make up to vent his imbecilic, infantile rage for anyone who does not flatter his ego.  Starting with his loss in the Iowa caucuses he has regularly polluted American public discourse with puerile, adolescent nonsense anytime he didn't receive the public fawning and worshipful obeisance to which he seems to feel entitled.

Not only is Trump wrong for doing this, he's demonstrating (again) that he is simply stupid.  Practically no one in the United States has the slightest idea what Joe Scarborough thinks or says about Trump or about anything else; to the large mass of the American people Scarborough is an unknown.  Trump is just about immune to anything Scarborough or his wife might say, but rather than ignoring them to languish in obscurity Trump has to shine a light on them, and to confirm what a self-indulgent fool he is in the process.  Whatever progress Trump has made in the minds of skeptics and undecideds through the pre-COVID economy, USSC picks, and advocating a reduction in unwinnable military engagements, he risks forfeiting all of it by chasing down this rabbit hole of personal insult while he's trying, admirably in my opinion, to advocate a re-start of the economy.  Any good thing Trump attempts, or accomplishes, is tarnished by this kind of idiocy.

And the media didn't have to filter or lie about events to portray this about Trump.  We all see it direct from the man himself.

So you’re suggesting that Trump simply ignore them and then they’ll stop lying. Got it. I’ll ignore you.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2020, 06:13:54 pm »
So you’re suggesting that Trump simply ignore them and then they’ll stop lying. Got it. I’ll ignore you.

No, the media won't stop lying about Trump, they're the media.  But no one is going to hear whatever it is Joe Scarborough says so his lies don't matter.

Trump has correctly argued about the COVID-19 response that the cure cannot be worse than the disease.  He needs to apply that same thinking to his social media activity.  Whatever Trump thinks he's accomplishing by dredging up fake news at the expense of a widower just to wage a pi$$ing match against a commentator most people have never heard of, he's hurting himself even more.

He's also abusing the loyalty of supporters like you by continually putting you in the position of defending his vainglorious lunacy.  If I were ever in the position of having a loyal cadre of supporters, I would be much more careful about the positions I put them in.

James 1:20

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2020, 06:22:04 pm »

Pavlov's dog.

Some of us are going to vote for Trump, and still call out his imbecility when he makes it obvious.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2020, 06:23:20 pm »

And live in a basket.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2020, 06:27:25 pm »

Didn't say that.  But I do find it strange that Trump supporters are ok with him dredging up a phony conspiracy which really does nothing to affect his feud with Scarborough one way or the other, but causes pain and grief for a dead woman's family.  Many of them profess to be good Christians and/or have high moral standards, but because their hero Trump is causing this hurt, it's ok. 

Speaking of Christians -- has anyone bothered to ask those clergymen and women who have all but proclaimed Trump as a messiah, what they think of this?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2020, 06:28:12 pm »
Some of us are going to vote for Trump, and still call out his imbecility when he makes it obvious.

Same here, but I'm not going to look all shocked when he does it.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2020, 06:30:29 pm »
Didn't say that.  But I do find it strange that Trump supporters are ok with him dredging up a phony conspiracy which really does nothing to affect his feud with Scarborough one way or the other, but causes pain and grief for a dead woman's family.  Many of them profess to be good Christians and/or have high moral standards, but because their hero Trump is causing this hurt, it's ok. 

Speaking of Christians -- has anyone bothered to ask those clergymen and women who have all but proclaimed Trump as a messiah, what they think of this?

Who's "ok" with it? I think its dumb. But I'm not gonna get the vapors about it like his critics do every time.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2020, 06:30:54 pm »

I should be clear.  I am not liking this chapter in the Trump Tweets, and therefor can't condone it.  I also don't see a bad Tweet as a reason to just give up and prefer the candidate the Rats are offering up.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2020, 06:42:24 pm »
I should be clear.  I am not liking this chapter in the Trump Tweets, and therefor can't condone it.  I also don't see a bad Tweet as a reason to just give up and prefer the candidate the Rats are offering up.

I understand there are some conservatives/Republicans who have said they would vote for Biden out of spite because they just don't like Trump.  But this has been going on for several months -- long before these tweets.   I was even asked by some of these people to join them in their cause.  But in the end I just can't.  Ted Cruz once said, vote your conscience, and in all good conscience, I could not vote for a guy like Biden who represents everything I am against. 

Right now I don't know what I will do in November, but contrary to what so many say here and elsewhere, we do have choices beyond two candidates.  My guess is that most who don't like Trump or Biden will pick one of these alternatives:  vote third party, write in a candidate or stay home. 

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2020, 06:52:20 pm »
I understand there are some conservatives/Republicans who have said they would vote for Biden out of spite because they just don't like Trump.  But this has been going on for several months -- long before these tweets.   I was even asked by some of these people to join them in their cause.  But in the end I just can't.  Ted Cruz once said, vote your conscience, and in all good conscience, I could not vote for a guy like Biden who represents everything I am against. 

Right now I don't know what I will do in November, but contrary to what so many say here and elsewhere, we do have choices beyond two candidates.  My guess is that most who don't like Trump or Biden will pick one of these alternatives:  vote third party, write in a candidate or stay home.
@Applewood

This from Erick Erickson of The Resurgent to his e-mail newsletter list (I received it earlier today):

I don’t really care what you think about Joe Scarborough, but no American deserves to have the President of the United States targeting him with accusations of murder. No American deserves the President of the United States tweeting out salacious and unproven accusations suggesting murder and conspiracy. The deceased’s family does not deserve it. Her widower husband does not deserve it. That President Trump does not seem to understand that should bother every one of us.

There’s no whataboutism here. There’s no “two can play that game.” There’s no decency in this.

If you really think these sorts of things are justified then you are no better than the people you hate. You have become what you hate. The President, in doing this, has become no better than the Michael Moores of the world.

It is shameful and gross. It suggests as well that the President is more focused on score-settling than winning re-election and that should bother you as one of the President’s supporters. Joe Scarborough is not on the ballot. Joe Biden is. Today, like yesterday, the President has spent more time focused on accusing an innocent man of murder and dredging up the pain of loss for a dead woman’s family than focusing on a man who could fill seats on the Supreme Court and who is ahead in most polls of the swing states the President needs to win.

Yep. "None of These Candidates" (I wouldn't vote for Joe Bidet even at gunpoint, either) as a ballot option looks better every day.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 06:53:25 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2020, 06:56:15 pm »
Same here, but I'm not going to look all shocked when he does it.   :shrug:

Yeah that's a fair point.  Maybe I should clutch my pearls a bit more loosely.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2020, 07:15:51 pm »
@EasyAce

Thank you for posting the Erick Erickson email.  He is correct.  There is no justification for this.

And I forgot you Nevadans have that "None of these Candidates" option.  As I told you, it's not available here in PA.   Dang!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2020, 07:35:00 pm »
@EasyAce

Thank you for posting the Erick Erickson email.  He is correct.  There is no justification for this.

And I forgot you Nevadans have that "None of these Candidates" option.  As I told you, it's not available here in PA.   Dang!
@Applewood

If you have a write-in vote, I recommend writing in the name Julius Henry Marx, and for three sound enough reasons:

1) He was once quoted as saying, "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and misapplying the wrong solutions," which shows more political wisdom than anything enunciated by about the last thirty years or so worth of candidates for the White House, the House, and the Senate.

2) The 19th Century humourist/lecturer Artemus Ward once posited that if we can't find a live man who amounts to anything, by all means let's have a first class corpse.

3) If the dead can still vote in Chicago and elsewhere, who says the living can't vote for the dead. Remember: dead menpersons tell no tales and wreak no mischief, which is more than you can say for today's political (lack of) class.

In case Julius Henry Marx throws you or anyone else for the moment, you know him better as . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2020, 08:13:01 pm »
Well... Trump's gonna Trump.  :shrug:
Who is the papoose in your avatar? Looks awfully cute.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2020, 08:17:22 pm »
It's not just a classless act.  It's selfish, inconsiderate and downright hateful.  Bringing up this conspiracy theory again has had devastating consequences for Mrs. Klausutis' loved ones.  I've read elsewhere they have been afraid of commenting on this conspiracy theory previously because it might open them up to harassment by lunatics similar to those who hounded the Sandy Hook parents.  I really don't care about Trump or Scarborough in this feud, but apparently, Trump doesn't realize the potential for harm he is causing to these innocent people by spreading a conspiracy theory he has to know is false.  Or maybe he doesn't care who he hurts so long as he gets back at Scarborough and entertains his fans.  In that case Trump has exposed himself as a cruel and vicious man and that is not going to score points with the independent and undecided voters he will need to win re-election.
"not going to score points with the independent and undecided voters he will need to win re-election."

That's just it. There are many millions of voters who don't give a good g-d*mn about Trump looking tough, fighting back, or whatever.
They simply notice childish behavior from the POTUS and just might vote accordingly.

Offline dancer

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2020, 09:13:00 am »
@dancer

So when is picking on a recently widowed individual ever a winning political strategy?  No matter who or what the victims political leanings were.   Pretty warped thinking there bubba.
I was 20 years ago.  TK is afraid that his deeds will come out. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2020, 09:19:55 am »
I was 20 years ago.  TK is afraid that his deeds will come out.

You keep alluding to alleged wrongdoing by Mr. Klausutis.  Just what is it that he supposedly did?  I have found nothing on this subject.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2020, 12:11:18 pm »
You keep alluding to alleged wrongdoing by Mr. Klausutis.  Just what is it that he supposedly did?  I have found nothing on this subject.

Trump and lackey new theme.....  Never let a good conspiracy go to waste.  In a week they'll have Klausutis was in cahoots with Cruz, Sr. in the JFK murders.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline verga

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2020, 02:08:28 pm »
CNN has nothing to do with this.  As predictably biased and dishonest as is media coverage of Trump, and any other Republican figure, Trump himself is showing us here what kind of man he is - a malignant narcissist who will reflexively seize on whatever rumor, lie, or insult he can make up to vent his imbecilic, infantile rage for anyone who does not flatter his ego.  Starting with his loss in the Iowa caucuses he has regularly polluted American public discourse with puerile, adolescent nonsense anytime he didn't receive the public fawning and worshipful obeisance to which he seems to feel entitled.

You  misspelled Scarborough.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2020, 05:08:48 pm »
@Applewood

If you have a write-in vote, I recommend writing in the name Julius Henry Marx, and for three sound enough reasons:

1) He was once quoted as saying, "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and misapplying the wrong solutions," which shows more political wisdom than anything enunciated by about the last thirty years or so worth of candidates for the White House, the House, and the Senate.

2) The 19th Century humourist/lecturer Artemus Ward once posited that if we can't find a live man who amounts to anything, by all means let's have a first class corpse.

3) If the dead can still vote in Chicago and elsewhere, who says the living can't vote for the dead. Remember: dead menpersons tell no tales and wreak no mischief, which is more than you can say for today's political (lack of) class.

In case Julius Henry Marx throws you or anyone else for the moment, you know him better as . . .

Of course!

"Whatever it is, I'm against it" opening from Horse Feathers
"Rules of my Administration" opening from Duck Soup
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 05:09:35 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2020, 06:29:23 pm »

Pavlov's dog.
I will definitely vote for Trump in November. However, these stupid tweets don't help. Especially, the ones concerning Scarborough's secretary or whatever she was who died. It's  disgraceful. It's like he's a five year old having a tantrum. He's got to stop it.