Author Topic: Widower asks Twitter to delete Trump tweets on death allegations  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Applewood

Widower asks Twitter to delete Trump tweets on death allegations

The widower of a woman who died in former Congressman Joe Scarborough’s office has written to Twitter Inc. asking the company to remove President Donald Trump’s tweets about the case, according to a letter obtained by the New York Times.

“My request is simple: Please delete these tweets,” Timothy J. Klausutis wrote in his letter to Twitter Chief Executive Officer Jack Dorsey. “I’m asking you to intervene in this instance because the President of the United States has taken something that does not belong to him – the memory of my dead wife and perverted it for perceived political gain.”

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2020/05/26/widower-timothy-klausutis-asks-twitter-delete-trump-tweets-death-allegations/111864884/

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: Widower asks Twitter to delete Trump tweets on death allegations
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 07:33:31 pm »
No love loss as far as Joe goes (smarmy uppity liberal trash)... but yeah, this is a classless act by Trump and there is no proof it happened any different than the autopsy suggested.

That said, do we want to censor the President? Probable not... but he ain't doing us any favors showing how low he will go to trash those he doesn't like.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 07:44:00 pm »
Well... Trump's gonna Trump.  :shrug:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 07:54:45 pm »
No love loss as far as Joe goes (smarmy uppity liberal trash)... but yeah, this is a classless act by Trump and there is no proof it happened any different than the autopsy suggested.

That said, do we want to censor the President? Probable not... but he ain't doing us any favors showing how low he will go to trash those he doesn't like.

Full agreement, but I really hate precedent setting actions.  I can see this being taken too far in the other direction.  As this is the only outlet he has that the sleazy MSM can't filter.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 08:07:42 pm »

It's not just a classless act.  It's selfish, inconsiderate and downright hateful.  Bringing up this conspiracy theory again has had devastating consequences for Mrs. Klausutis' loved ones.  I've read elsewhere they have been afraid of commenting on this conspiracy theory previously because it might open them up to harassment by lunatics similar to those who hounded the Sandy Hook parents.  I really don't care about Trump or Scarborough in this feud, but apparently, Trump doesn't realize the potential for harm he is causing to these innocent people by spreading a conspiracy theory he has to know is false.  Or maybe he doesn't care who he hurts so long as he gets back at Scarborough and entertains his fans.  In that case Trump has exposed himself as a cruel and vicious man and that is not going to score points with the independent and undecided voters he will need to win re-election.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 08:10:56 pm »
“I’m asking you to intervene in this instance because the President of the United States has taken something that does not belong to him – the memory of my dead wife and perverted it for perceived political gain.”

Yeah, free speech doesn’t belong to the president. It’s up to Jack Dorsey when and where and whether the president can speak.

Personally, I’d like to know if the investigation was conducted properly and if anything may have been swept under the rug just because a congressman was involved. Lord knows nothing like a coverup has ever happened before where a Washington politician was involved.  *****rollingeyes*****

I didn’t see the tweet itself but heard it wasn’t accusatory in tone.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 08:11:56 pm »
It's not just a classless act.  It's selfish, inconsiderate and downright hateful.  Bringing up this conspiracy theory again has had devastating consequences for Mrs. Klausutis' loved ones.  I've read elsewhere they have been afraid of commenting on this conspiracy theory previously because it might open them up to harassment by lunatics similar to those who hounded the Sandy Hook parents.  I really don't care about Trump or Scarborough in this feud, but apparently, Trump doesn't realize the potential for harm he is causing to these innocent people by spreading a conspiracy theory he has to know is false.  Or maybe he doesn't care who he hurts so long as he gets back at Scarborough and entertains his fans.  In that case Trump has exposed himself as a cruel and vicious man and that is not going to score points with the independent and undecided voters he will need to win re-election.

Well put, as he is coming across as a dime store bully. 
If just a 1/4 of his hard core fans give enough feedback that this is unacceptable, maybe we would see some improvement in behavior.
But we all know they all feel that he can do no wrong.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 08:29:43 pm »
Yeah, free speech doesn’t belong to the president. It’s up to Jack Dorsey when and where and whether the president can speak.

Personally, I’d like to know if the investigation was conducted properly and if anything may have been swept under the rug just because a congressman was involved. Lord knows nothing like a coverup has ever happened before where a Washington politician was involved.  *****rollingeyes*****

I didn’t see the tweet itself but heard it wasn’t accusatory in tone.

With our freedoms comes responsibility.  By spreading an already debunked conspiracy theory yet again, Trump has shown no responsibility for the hurt and damage he is causing to the family of Miss Klausunis. 

The authorities have repeatedly said there is nothing to contradict the findings of the medical examiner that Mrs. Klausutis' death was the result of a cardiac event which caused her to strike her head against a desk and there is no reason to reopen the investigation into her death.    By the way, the medical examiner's findings were reviewed by other pathologists and they agreed with those findings.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 08:51:32 pm »
I'll just say that I didn't like the tweet, and I thought it was inappropriate.
The only reason he has to tweet this, is because Joe Scarborough was once a fan of his, (or acted like it anyway).
Now, Joe Scarborough is no longer a fan of Trump.
The President of the United States of America  has taken to twitter to bully a person because....
....just because he can.
It's no more complicated than this.

No one hears or cares what Scarborough has to say.
His ratings are lower than CNN's.

Why bother?
It hurt Trump's feelings?

It would be like slandering a disc jockey from Des Moines.
What's the point?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 08:51:59 pm »
Twitter rejects widower’s plea to remove Trump’s tweets about his dead wife

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/05/26/twitter-rejects-widowers-plea-to-remove-trumps-tweets-about-his-dead-wife/

Wouldn't have mattered even if Twitter had removed trump's tweets.  As we all know, nothing on the internet is ever truly deleted.  Someone somewhere will have a copy or know where to find it.  And even if these tweets could disappear, the sources of this conspiracy theory such as True Pundit are still out there.  Trump or anyone else can continue to perpetrate this phony baloney story forever.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 09:27:29 pm »
Twitter rejects widower’s plea to remove Trump’s tweets about his dead wife

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/05/26/twitter-rejects-widowers-plea-to-remove-trumps-tweets-about-his-dead-wife/

Wouldn't have mattered even if Twitter had removed trump's tweets.  As we all know, nothing on the internet is ever truly deleted.  Someone somewhere will have a copy or know where to find it.  And even if these tweets could disappear, the sources of this conspiracy theory such as True Pundit are still out there.  Trump or anyone else can continue to perpetrate this phony baloney story forever.

Really puzzling with all that Trump should be worrying about, he has to respond like this, and needlessly torment this family.
Sad.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2020, 03:52:48 am »
I'll just say that I didn't like the tweet, and I thought it was inappropriate.
The only reason he has to tweet this, is because Joe Scarborough was once a fan of his, (or acted like it anyway).
Now, Joe Scarborough is no longer a fan of Trump.
The President of the United States of America  has taken to twitter to bully a person because....
....just because he can.
It's no more complicated than this.

No one hears or cares what Scarborough has to say.
His ratings are lower than CNN's.

Why bother?
It hurt Trump's feelings?

It would be like slandering a disc jockey from Des Moines.
What's the point?

He's a very small, small, tiny man.  Hard to believe we want to trust such a person with the presidency once again.  Words can start wars.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online DB

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2020, 04:36:42 am »
This is nothing new from Trump.

Cruz got the treatment about his dad. Cruz's wife got the treatment.

Trump is toxic.

I can only pray a miracle happens and someone else represents the GOP come election day.

Offline dancer

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2020, 08:24:35 am »
He is calling poor widower Tim Klausutis out for a reason.  Instead of beating PDJT
for the umteenth million time, do a little research on that family. 

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 12:18:00 pm »
He is calling poor widower Tim Klausutis out for a reason.  Instead of beating PDJT

@dancer

So when is picking on a recently widowed individual ever a winning political strategy?  No matter who or what the victims political leanings were.   Pretty warped thinking there bubba.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2020, 12:54:12 pm »
@dancer

So when is picking on a recently widowed individual ever a winning political strategy?  No matter who or what the victims political leanings were.   Pretty warped thinking there bubba.

Standing steadfastly for disclosure and the truth is always the right thing to do in any context. I taught my children that.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 12:56:37 pm »
Standing steadfastly for disclosure and the truth is always the right thing to do in any context. I taught my children that.

When that context is death and grieving loved ones?  I bet you are a hoot and family funerals. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2020, 12:56:49 pm »

Really?  Where should I look?  True Pundit?  Infowars?  Some other crackpot site? 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2020, 01:04:14 pm »
Really?  Where should I look?  True Pundit?  Infowars?  Some other crackpot site?

Why didn’t you mention CNN? They (and 98 percent of mainstream media) has been lying about the kind of man that Donald Trump is and what he’s done in his life. That’s the very genesis of Orange man bad.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2020, 01:08:00 pm »

The AT Crowd takes their battles to the most preposterous hills to die. 

The most powerful man in the world with a mass twitter following picking on a widower whose wife dies (two ME evalautions) of a heart condition.  All during  a Pandemic emergency.   DJT is doing a bang up job losing indy voters one gaffe at a time.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2020, 01:31:24 pm »

The most powerful man in the world with a mass twitter following picking on a widower whose wife dies (two ME evalautions) of a heart condition.  All during  a Pandemic emergency.   DJT is doing a bang up job losing indy voters one gaffe at a time.

Actually, there were multiple pathologists reviewing the the M.E.'s findings and they concurred.  There was no foul play. 

It's not just that Trump is bringing this BS up during a crisis, it's that he is bringing it up at all and that it is causing hurt to Mrs. Klausutis' family.  If Trump thinks doing this will help him get re-elected -- well, maybe his fans love this nonsense, but independents, undecideds and those not wholly invested in him are not going to be impressed.  Trump needs those outside his gaggle of fans to win and if those on the outside are turned off by his antics, he could lose big time. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2020, 01:32:56 pm »
Why didn’t you mention CNN? They (and 98 percent of mainstream media) has been lying about the kind of man that Donald Trump is and what he’s done in his life. That’s the very genesis of Orange man bad.

the subject here was Mrs. Klausutis' family.  So far I have found nothing unsavory about them on CNN or any mainstream site.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2020, 01:49:13 pm »

CNN has nothing to do with this.  As predictably biased and dishonest as is media coverage of Trump, and any other Republican figure, Trump himself is showing us here what kind of man he is - a malignant narcissist who will reflexively seize on whatever rumor, lie, or insult he can make up to vent his imbecilic, infantile rage for anyone who does not flatter his ego.  Starting with his loss in the Iowa caucuses he has regularly polluted American public discourse with puerile, adolescent nonsense anytime he didn't receive the public fawning and worshipful obeisance to which he seems to feel entitled.

Not only is Trump wrong for doing this, he's demonstrating (again) that he is simply stupid.  Practically no one in the United States has the slightest idea what Joe Scarborough thinks or says about Trump or about anything else; to the large mass of the American people Scarborough is an unknown.  Trump is just about immune to anything Scarborough or his wife might say, but rather than ignoring them to languish in obscurity Trump has to shine a light on them, and to confirm what a self-indulgent fool he is in the process.  Whatever progress Trump has made in the minds of skeptics and undecideds through the pre-COVID economy, USSC picks, and advocating a reduction in unwinnable military engagements, he risks forfeiting all of it by chasing down this rabbit hole of personal insult while he's trying, admirably in my opinion, to advocate a re-start of the economy.  Any good thing Trump attempts, or accomplishes, is tarnished by this kind of idiocy.

And the media didn't have to filter or lie about events to portray this about Trump.  We all see it direct from the man himself.
James 1:20

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2020, 01:58:13 pm »

@catfish1957
Even more intriguing: why President Tweety is taking up a debunked conspiracy theory once promulgated from the wingnut left as much from the wingnut right.

I'm not entirely sure, but one of the most flagrant ones was Daily Kos founder Markos Moulitsas---once an MSNBC contributor himself, frequently a guest of Keith Olbermann's when Olbermann was there, and dumped by MSNBC in July 2010 when he got into it with Joe Scarborough over the Lori Klausutis death in a tweet war Moulitsas instigated with, quote, "Like story of a certain dead intern. RT @JoeNBC: Luckily for the White House, the media has been negligent on this story since Day 1."

No one goes to Donald Trump’s Twitter feed to be edified, but Trump’s series of tweets the last two weeks about MSNBC host Joe Scarborough has been grotesque even by his standards.

Trump didn’t leave it at boasting about how he supposedly used Scarborough in 2016 (when the host gave him kid-glove treatment), or at mocking Scarborough’s ratings, or calling him “nuts,” all of which would have been routine unpresidential conduct, but insinuated that Scarborough is guilty of murdering a young woman who died in one of his Florida district offices in 2001 when he was a congressman.

The medical examiner concluded that the woman, 28-year-old Lori Klausutis, had an undiagnosed heart ailment and fainted and hit her head on a desk. This tragedy has been fodder for conspiracy theorists almost from the beginning, most notably — until Trump surpassed him — Markos Moulitsas of the left-wing website Daily Kos.

Trump is clearly driven by his desire to say the most malicious and painful things he can about Scarborough, to take revenge for the former congressman’s now obsessively anti-Trump morning program. The president maintains he doesn’t watch, although this is plainly untrue. The collateral damage is the family of Lori Klausutis, who had to endure her sudden loss and now watch helplessly as the president pushes a deception about her death for his own petty purposes.

It’s unworthy of a partisan blogger, let alone the president of the United States.

--"Trump's Grotesque Tweets"; editorial, National Review.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2020, 02:01:39 pm »
the subject here was Mrs. Klausutis' family.  So far I have found nothing unsavory about them on CNN or any mainstream site.
@Applewood

[Lori] Klausutis’ widower, Timothy, was left distraught by his wife’s death. Her obituary revealed that Timothy once served as a prominent member of the United States Air Force. He’s a Florida native, graduating from Choctawhatchee Senior High School, and a LinkedIn account indicates that he studied at the Georgia Institute of Technology. A thesis written by him says that he graduated in 2002.

Timothy’s thesis at the college was titled: “Adaptive lapped transforms with applications to image coding.” A 2012 blog post by Roger Shuler stated that Timothy studied navigation and miniature weapons systems for the Air Force Research Lab.

---Heavy.com.

Unless I'm very wrong, Tim Klausutis still works for the Air Force in a civilian capacity.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.