Author Topic: Police investigating vandalism to Lawrenceville war memorial (Pittsburgh)  (Read 315 times)

Offline mountaineer

A Memorial Day present from Antifa, or someone like them.
Police investigating vandalism to Lawrenceville war memorial
Jeff Himler | Monday, May 25, 2020 9:21 a.m.

Pittsburgh police are investigating vandalism to a Lawrenceville war memorial that happened late Sunday or early Monday.

Police responded before 8 a.m. to find the memorial at Doughboy Square covered in red paint and a message, “June 19, 1986! Glory to the Day of Heroism!” ...

Rest of story and more pics at Tribune-Review

What is the Day of Heroism, you may ask? It was an uprising in Peru by Communist prisoners; 300 of them were killed by government forces (as described on some communist website, revcom.us). Thus my comment that the perpetrator(s) shared certain sympathies with Antifa. They painted the hammer and sickle all over this monument.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

Hope the videotape shows the perp or perps and they are caught.  Trouble is, if they are prosecuted,  I doubt they will get little more than a slap on the wrist.

Sick SOBs.

Offline mountaineer

Oh, wait - Bike Lane Bill has weighed in. Everything will be just fine.
Mayor Peduto has responded to the vandalism of the World War I Memorial in Lawrenceville... "This is not Pittsburgh. Whoever did this. Please leave. Today."

KDKA on Twitter
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mortarman

Oh, wait - Bike Lane Bill has weighed in. Everything will be just fine.

KDKA on Twitter

You know that he doesn't want to offend the Sturmabteilung. Who will he have to turn to when the Silent Majority finally wakes up?

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Applewood

@mountaineer

Good old Mayor Patootey, the tough guy.  And by the way, when is he going to start wearing a mask and practicing social distancing?  Every time I see him, he is doing neither, but he whines and moans about Pittsburghers showing up at public parks without masks and not social distancing.  Hey, buddy -- how about setting an example?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 10:08:10 pm by Applewood »