Author Topic: Germany Takes Back its Sovereignty from the European Union  (Read 621 times)

rangerrebew

Germany Takes Back its Sovereignty from the European Union

by Soeren Kern
May 18, 2020 at 5:00 am

The seemingly obscure ruling... has called into question the legitimacy of the EU's supranational legal and political order.... The German court's ruling marks a new phase in the debate over the balance between national and supranational sovereignty.

The European Union is now engaged in a power struggle with its largest member state, Germany. The legal feud threatens to unravel not only Europe's single currency, the euro, but the EU itself.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/16031/germany-sovereignty-eu

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Germany Takes Back its Sovereignty from the European Union
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 08:11:29 pm »
I wish the Germans luck.

With them joining the British as independents,the EU will fall via bankruptcy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 08:40:06 pm »
Bottom line - Germany IS the EU. All the other states are 2nd tier or lower, especially with Britain out.

The EU has always been tenuous anyway because Germany's economy and currency are so dominant it practically crushes the smaller and weaker states like Greece.

If they walk, it's over.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 08:44:01 pm »
Bottom line - Germany IS the EU. All the other states are 2nd tier or lower, especially with Britain out.

The EU has always been tenuous anyway because Germany's economy and currency are so dominant it practically crushes the smaller and weaker states like Greece.

If they walk, it's over.

That’s what I thought. The EU was Germany’s idea.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 08:24:18 pm »
The EU is NOT Germany's idea.  The EU was Phase I for the globalists.  And the globalists have not gone away.

Two things have hampered their efforts, BREXIT and Donald Trump.  Even if Trump serves a second term, he goes away in 4.5 years.  I believe the globalists will pick up from where they left off.  It is about global control/domination, and they see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Even if Germany does bail, I foresee a Version 2.0.  After WWI, we had the League of Nations, failed,  and then after WWII, we had the United Nations.  They will keep trying because we are talking about global domination.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 09:13:05 pm »
I wish the Germans luck.

With them joining the British as independents,the EU will fall via bankruptcy.

Together they could wield political and economic power, to return the union to the original limited purpose; namely relatively free trade of goods and services only.

NOT the open immigration of the Schengen Area.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 10:50:42 pm »
The EU is NOT Germany's idea.  The EU was Phase I for the globalists.  And the globalists have not gone away.

Two things have hampered their efforts, BREXIT and Donald Trump. Even if Trump serves a second term, he goes away in 4.5 years.  I believe the globalists will pick up from where they left off.  It is about global control/domination, and they see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Even if Germany does bail, I foresee a Version 2.0.  After WWI, we had the League of Nations, failed,  and then after WWII, we had the United Nations.  They will keep trying because we are talking about global domination.
I sense that the virus pandemnic unended globalism as well as people retracted to nationalism and protect their own self interests.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 11:38:15 pm »
The EU is NOT Germany's idea.

"On March 25, 1957, France, West Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg sign a treaty in Rome establishing the European Economic Community (EEC), also known as the Common Market. The EEC, which came into operation in January 1958, was a major step in Europe’s movement toward economic and political union."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Absalom

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2020, 05:26:21 am »
Two things have hampered their efforts, BREXIT and Donald Trump.  Even if Trump serves a second term, he goes away in 4.5 years.  I believe the globalists will pick up from where they left off.  It is about global control/domination, and they see the light at the end of the tunnel.
-----------------------------------
On the mark.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2020, 08:59:40 pm »
The Globalists will never give up until being a Globalist is a hanging offense in Amerca. If that ever happens,they still won't give up. EVERYBODY in the Globalist leadership comes from wealthy families,so they will just move and set up operations in a country they CAN take over.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!