Author Topic: Blue Angels flyover Truman while underway in the Atlantic Ocean  (Read 221 times)

rangerrebew

Blue Angels flyover Truman while underway in the Atlantic Ocean
Military

by: Nicole Brailer
Posted: May 23, 2020 / 10:09 PM EDT   / Updated: May 23, 2020 / 10:15 PM EDT   

ATLANTIC OCEAN (WAVY) — The U.S. Navy Blue Angles performed a demonstration flyover for the crew on board the USS Harry S. Truman while underway in the Atlantic Ocean on May 20.

The demonstration began with a morning flyover during the commissioning ceremony at the United States Naval Academy. While on the way back to Naval Air Station in Pensacola, Florida, the team flew over the Truman to salute the sailors.

A formation of six F/A-18C/D Hornet aircraft was part of the show for the certified carrier strike group.

https://www.wavy.com/news/military/blue-angels-flyover-truman-while-at-sea-in-the-atlantic-ocean/

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: Blue Angels flyover Truman while underway in the Atlantic Ocean
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 05:08:50 pm »
They flew over my house on May 6, but because of the trees and taller houses around mine, I chose to go to an open field less than 1/8 of a mile away so I could see them a couple of seconds longer.  Glad I did because we got to see them make a turn that would not have been viewable from my yard.