State Chapters > State Politics/Government

VICTORY for Civil Disobedience: Gov. Loosens Church Restrictions After Catholics, Lutherans Unite

(1/1)

PeteS in CA:
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2020/05/23/minn-gov-loosens-restrictions-on-churches-after-catholics-and-lutherans-defy-his-order-n422825

VICTORY for Civil Disobedience: Gov. Loosens Church Restrictions After Catholics, Lutherans Unite
BY TYLER O'NEIL, MAY 23, 2020 4:44 PM EST

--- Quote ---On Saturday, Gov. Tim Walz (D-Minn.) announced that churches and other houses of worship would finally be allowed to host services with more than ten people. His announcement came after Catholic and Lutheran churches warned the governor that they would reopen their churches to more than ten people before May 31, Pentecost Sunday, with or without his permission.
On Wednesday, the Minnesota Catholic Conference and the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS) sent letters announcing that they would reopen on Pentecost at 33 percent capacity, regardless of Walz’s orders. The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty and Sidley Austin LLP also sent a legal letter explaining why continuing to keep the ten-person restriction on churches would violate the First Amendment.
--- End quote ---

Ironically, the Lutheran body with the greater presence in MN is the liberal Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, not the much more conservative LCMS.

Hoodat:
Catholics and Lutherans uniting?  It's a miracle!

truth_seeker:
The two large churches in my area which host AA meetings are the Catholic parish, and the Lutheran church.

I was raised protestant, and finished 53 yrs. of marriage to my Catholic wife earrlier this year.

IOW ain't no big deal in my family.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version