Author Topic: The Best Argument For President Trump's Re-Election  (Read 10550 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: The Best Argument For President Trump's Re-Election
« Reply #225 on: May 26, 2020, 04:30:13 pm »
You might want to consider dropping this virtue signal.  It condemns damn near everyone reading it as an ill-informed troglodyte.

And I'm sure this isn't your intent.

Just in case anyone forgot, millions of principled and religious conservatives voted for Trump in ’16 and helped him get elected, and even more of them will vote for him in ‘20 based on Trump’s pro-life agenda in office.

So, yeah, I have issues with “principled” conservatives saying they need an incentive to re-elect Trump.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #226 on: May 26, 2020, 04:52:59 pm »
Dow Jones Industrials, the day after Memorial Day weekend, corner is (hopefully) turned, lock-down is ending,

UP over 600, to over 25,000

Are wee home free? Heck no. Are things trending solidly better? You betcha.

This is very, very good for Americans.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #227 on: May 26, 2020, 05:19:46 pm »
I just keep getting more reason to vote Nevada's "None of These Candidates" option for the presidency every day. It's the choice I've made in every presidential and Congressional election since I moved here in 2007. (Nevada's congressional delegation and its challengers have been no prize packages, either.) I haven't regretted it yet, and I'm sure I won't regret it again in November.

There is no need to be 'with' history when history is headed toward an abyss.---John Chamberlain.

Now, back to my regularly scheduled listening . . . (if there's one thing the pandemic and its closures have blessed me with, it's catching up to an awful lot of blues and jazz, not to mention a lot of my own music work.)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #228 on: May 26, 2020, 05:36:20 pm »
Just in case anyone forgot, millions of principled and religious conservatives voted for Trump in ’16 and helped him get elected, and even more of them will vote for him in ‘20 based on Trump’s pro-life agenda in office.

So, yeah, I have issues with “principled” conservatives saying they need an incentive to re-elect Trump.

We have more than a couple "one-trick ponies" on the forum, where any deficit spending gets one's ass dismissed as Conservative.

Oy vey!!  It's their Safe Space, I suppose.     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #229 on: May 26, 2020, 05:41:50 pm »
I just keep getting more reason to vote Nevada's "None of These Candidates" option for the presidency every day.

I don't know what impresses me more about the words above  pointing-up  @EasyAce ... the depth of the navel gazing or how crisp and white the flag is.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #230 on: May 26, 2020, 05:49:18 pm »
I don't know what impresses me more about the words above  pointing-up  @EasyAce ... the depth of the navel gazing or how crisp and white the flag is.

Baseball addict suffering acute withdrawal.   Give him a pass!   :laugh:

@EasyAce
@Right_in_Virginia
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Absalom

« Reply #231 on: May 26, 2020, 06:22:56 pm »
Voting (straight-ticket) Republican in November, as flawed as this is, is the only way to keep the principles of fiscal conservatism alive.
--------------------------------------
Look RIV, you're earnest and well meaning but you gotta get real.
The Republicans were errand boys for the NE Mercantile Class before the
Civil War and an anti-slavery party. Post war they championed industrialism.
They had nothing to do w/principled conservatism, not even for a day;
as it was a campaign slogan to round up votes and campaign dollars!
During the 75 years from Johnson to Hoover, they were politically ascendant promoting:
*  centralized government and opposing states rights,
*  trade protectionist duties and tariffs rather than free trade,
*  judicial activism rather than restraint and original intent.
When FDR assumed office in 1933, the Democrats adopted this program which
has us where we are at this moment.
If we have a future, it lies w/Jefferson, Madison and Monroe, so please alert me
when their clones are located!!!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 05:00:21 pm by Absalom »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #232 on: May 26, 2020, 06:34:47 pm »
@EasyAce

I wish we had a "none of the above" option in Pennsylvania.  I promised my father I would always vote and except for illness, I have kept that promise.  This year I am leaning toward not voting at all and for no good reason other than I don't want any of the candidates from the president on down.  If PA had a "none of the above" option, I could still vote and keep my promise to Dad.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #233 on: May 26, 2020, 06:36:34 pm »
@Applewood

I got a laugh out of your tagline. A Rodney Dangerfield joke wouldn’t be funny if I told it. But he was a master of delivery
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #234 on: May 26, 2020, 06:48:35 pm »
The reality is what you've been doing and the the vast majority of the GOP has been doing isn't working.

And if you keep doing what your doing it will only end in economic collapse.

Until enough people have the courage to leave the plantation and not reward those who are destroying us nothing will change for the better in any real lasting sense.

Your only answer is the other side is worse. So you are stuck in fear trying to hold on to what little you have left accepting whatever morsels offered to avoid that worse alternative. Essentially owning you and your vote no matter what they do - because you say you have no other choice and will vote for them...  In the mean time it is all slipping away.

And as long as you and others accept that bargain, we all lose. As demonstrated year after year. Decade after decade. What cannot continue will not continue. Time is running out if it hasn't already.

That's the hard cold reality of the situation.

pointing-up :yowsa:
QFT.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #235 on: May 26, 2020, 06:50:53 pm »
That jolt is coming regardless of whom is in charge. I kind of look at whats going on now as buying time by controlling the descent and pray for a miracle.

Goin on THREE TIMES the money Obummer spent, and that in only for years...

That is 'controlled descent?
Where I come from, that's drivin her home with a 20 lb jack!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #236 on: May 26, 2020, 06:52:35 pm »
@Applewood

I got a laugh out of your tagline. A Rodney Dangerfield joke wouldn’t be funny if I told it. But he was a master of delivery

@LMAO

Thank you.  While I was in isolation, I dug up You Tube videos of Dangerfield, particularly a few of his appearances on the Tonight Show.  Those videos kept me from going completely insane.  I miss Dangerfield.  He was one of my favorite comedians. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #237 on: May 26, 2020, 06:52:58 pm »
If republicans lose it all in November...well...

Well...Just let that sink in.

@aligncare

They don't care. They will just hug themselves as they scream "I told you so!" in orgamasic joy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #238 on: May 26, 2020, 06:55:01 pm »
Some people around here seem not to care about stopping the democrats. 

@aligncare

They don't WANT to stop the Dims. What they want is to do their little superiority dances as they scream "I told you so! I was right,I was right,I was right!"

Online roamer_1

« Reply #239 on: May 26, 2020, 06:56:16 pm »
Voting (straight-ticket) Republican in November, as flawed as this is, is the only way to keep the principles of fiscal conservatism alive.

@Right_in_Virginia
What bullcrap!
All y'all, YOU personally say those principles don't matter anymore.
If not by any other means, then with your votes. And BELIEVE me there are many other means. The arguments I have endured as y'all try to justify it are manifold.

Screw you Lucy! I know what you're going to do with the ball.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #240 on: May 26, 2020, 06:57:07 pm »
I agree.   Just think how successful Trump could be if his most ardent supporters could develop some interpersonal skills in their quest for persuading principled conservatives to vote for him.

@catfish1957

You misspelled "pompous asses".

Online roamer_1

« Reply #241 on: May 26, 2020, 06:58:25 pm »
Some people around here seem not to care about stopping the democrats. They’re gonna vote the way they’re gonna vote. Period.

They must believe that if it all blows up and democrats take all three branches, that things in America will get so bad that somehow a Conservative Star will rise from the ashes to save their sorry butts.

...they also must believe they’ll win the mega millions lottery.

No, I believe it doesn't matter which side you choose. It's the same thing. And Tump is doing nothing but proving it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #242 on: May 26, 2020, 06:59:04 pm »
I  hope Trump wins.  But that still the hell means I don't have to like the jerk.  Or point out the stupid shit he says.

@catfish1957

I have never understood why it was necessary to personally like ANY politician in order to vote for them. We are electing these people,not marrying them.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #243 on: May 26, 2020, 07:00:42 pm »
Analogy in my mind, is that the choices are:

(1) Torch the Garden (unprincipled non-conservative GOP)
(2) Salt the Garden (allow unilateral control by dims)

At least with scenario 1, the sub-surface seeds live, and there's hope for return.

You forgot 3:
Go build another garden. Because all y'all (they) are never ever gonna set the fire.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 07:02:15 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #244 on: May 26, 2020, 07:01:56 pm »
So all of this "I hate Trump" crap is over the fact that Trump beat Cruz?? 

@EdinVA

No,just most of it. Some are mad because we didn't elect Jebbie,or one of the other usual suspects.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #245 on: May 26, 2020, 07:04:38 pm »
Oh, blah , blah, blah.  The choice is unchanged and remains yours .... vote to keep conservatism alive or ego vote to kill it off for good. :shrug:

This is not Conservatism.
And you can't kill TRUTH.
But you can suffer the consequences of trying to.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #246 on: May 26, 2020, 07:05:21 pm »
Baseball addict suffering acute withdrawal.   Give him a pass!   :laugh:

@EasyAce
@Right_in_Virginia

Oh, okay. 

Damn lockdown!  happy77

@EasyAce
@DCPatriot

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #247 on: May 26, 2020, 07:05:36 pm »
You forgot 3:
Go build another garden. Because all y'all (they) are never ever gonna set the fire.

I'm afraid all the land has been taken, so there's nowhere to pack up and move to in order to build another garden. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #248 on: May 26, 2020, 07:08:44 pm »
You're a funny guy, @catfish1957

After seeing firsthand what the man has accomplished facing insurmountable attacks by an adversarial media...all in 3 years??

They manufactured a phony bank crisis to give us Barack Obama.  And then they got in cahoots with the Chinese Communist Party to serve up a pandemic.

...and he's STILL going to kick their ass come November.

@DCPatriot

They could have never done it without the  help of the Bush Crime Family working as the middlemen through their "Chinese Chamber of Commerce" to broker the deals.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #249 on: May 26, 2020, 07:10:00 pm »
You might want to consider dropping this virtue signal.  It condemns damn near everyone reading it as an ill-informed troglodyte.

And I'm sure this isn't your intent.

RIIIIGHT. Drop the term 'principled'... It's divisive.
Guess what? It is supposed to be.
It cuts like a knife, like all truth does.