Author Topic: Wind farms paid record £.9.3m to switch off their turbines on Friday  (Read 356 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THAT by Paul Homewood 5/24/2020

Wind farms in Britain were paid a record £.9.3m to switch off their turbines on Friday, The Telegraph can disclose.

More than 80 plants across England and Scotland were handed the so-called ‘constraint payments’, when supply outstrips demand, by the National Grid, as thousands of buildings lying empty following the coronavirus lockdown contributed to a nosedive in demand for energy.

In what has been declared a "national embarrassment" and a power management "disgrace" by campaigners, consumers will ultimately foot the bill of £6.9m to 66 Scottish plants and £1.9m to 14 offshore plants in England.

This is almost double the previous single day record payout to wind farm operators, which was £4.8m on Oct 8, 2018, when turbines were switched off because it became too windy.

It is believed the low demand for electricity on May 22 was due to windy and sunny weather this week, with solar panels likely to have produced a lot of energy, combined with the lack of demand for power given the Covid-19 lockdown which has seen many businesses close.

More: https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2020/05/24/wind-farms-paid-record-9-3m-to-switch-off-their-turbines-on-friday/

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Reminds me of a Dire Straits song, and more fantastic envirowhacko strategery.  /s

And UK...  just wait till those same owners walk away from them after they discontinue operating, and become an rust bucket eyesore.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This is organized racketeering.

Government created a protection racket for the greenies who do not even have to do anything but collect money.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington