Author Topic: Republicans see opportunity to fire up 'high-interest' voters over Flynn case  (Read 245 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans see opportunity to fire up 'high-interest' voters over Flynn case
by Kerry Picket
 | May 26, 2020 12:01 AM

Republicans will try to use the three-year Justice Department case against retired Lt. Gen Michael Flynn as an election cycle issue to motivate their base.

In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic that has crushed a once thriving economy under the Trump administration, Republicans see an opportunity to tell their constituents that the president and his allies were spied on by the previous administration. And according to this narrative, it was done with the help of an out-of-control FBI, the intelligence community, and Obama-era holdovers who stayed in the federal government during President Trump’s first term in office.

Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, was fired in February 2017 after a Washington Post column penned by David Ignatius suggested that he misled Vice President Mike Pence and other officials about his discussions with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

Flynn’s phone conversations with Kislyak were intercepted by the federal government during the Obama administration, and he pleaded guilty to giving false statements to federal agents in 2017 regarding those calls with the Russian envoy. However, he filed to withdraw his guilty plea earlier this year after the Justice Department recently requested the judge issue a sentence of up to six months in prison.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/republicans-see-opportunity-to-fire-up-high-interest-voters-over-flynn-case
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Outside a handful of us, how many rank and file GOP voters have attention spans that long?

I think the 100% strategy needs to be:  (1) Restoking the economy, and (2) Blaming the dims for the shutdown and associated collapse

Let's not take our eye off the ball....   The economy will make or break this election.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Outside a handful of us, how many rank and file GOP voters have attention spans that long?

I think the 100% strategy needs to be:  (1) Restoking the economy, and (2) Blaming the dims for the shutdown and associated collapse

Let's not take our eye off the ball....   The economy will make or break this election.

The Stock Market smiles upon Donald Trump today.  The DJIA is up over 670 points, with 90 minutes of trading remaining.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: