Author Topic: Hercules Crew Receives Air Force Combat Action Medal After RPG Attack  (Read 252 times)

rangerrebew

Hercules Crew Receives Air Force Combat Action Medal After RPG Attack

19 May 2020
Military.com | By Oriana Pawlyk

It started as a routine nighttime airdrop mission last fall for five airmen aboard a C-130 Hercules tasked with safely releasing much-needed supplies for Afghan National Army forces below.

As they circled overhead, dropping bundles by parachute, the crew, from the 39th Airlift Squadron out of Dyess Air Force Base, Texas, saw a flash of light in the distance -- a rocket-propelled grenade targeting the aircraft.

Read Next: Air Force Finally Has Plans to Test a Laser Weapon on Its AC-130J Gunship

"I noticed a flash of red behind the plane, but it was only for a second or two," said Senior Airman David Doran, 39th Airlift Squadron loadmaster. "At the time, I wasn't scared because I didn't realize it was an RPG, but possibly a flare."

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/05/19/hercules-crew-receives-air-force-combat-action-medal-after-rpg-attack.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Good for them! Glad they didn't get hit.

I would really like to hear more about the Spooky gun ships getting lasers,though. I am a HUGE fan of Spooky gun ships.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!