General Category > Archaeology

Hidden text found on Dead Sea Scrolls

(1/1)

Elderberry:
Earth Chronicles by Space · May 20, 2020

On some fragments of the Dead Sea Scrolls, which for a long time were considered empty, a hidden text was found that scientists did not notice.

Thanks to a random discovery made in the UK, scientists realized that some clean fragments of scrolls that had been stored at Manchester University for over 20 years contain ancient inscriptions invisible to the eye. They managed to make out in other spectra.

It was later discovered that four fragments contain readable text in Hebrew and Aramaic, written in carbon based ink.

The research is ongoing – we should know its results very soon. So far, scientists have identified four lines of partially saved text, each of which consists of 15-16 letters.

More: https://earth-chronicles.com/science/hidden-text-found-on-dead-sea-scrolls.html

godblessRonaldReagan:
B-E   S-U-R-E   T-O   D-R-I-N-K   Y-O-U-R   O-V-A-L-T-I-N-E     

skeeter:

--- Quote from: godblessRonaldReagan on May 20, 2020, 01:46:00 pm ---B-E   S-U-R-E   T-O   D-R-I-N-K   Y-O-U-R   O-V-A-L-T-I-N-E   

--- End quote ---
000hehehehe

PeteS in CA:
Parchment was a precious commodity. Scraping away existing text and reuse was fairly common. Chances are many such documents have underlying previous text.

truth_seeker:
kilroy was here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version