Author Topic: Woman hunting for sea glass in Alaska finds Navy dog tag lost during WWII, sailor’s relatives thrill  (Read 276 times)

rangerrebew

Woman hunting for sea glass in Alaska finds Navy dog tag lost during WWII, sailor’s relatives thrilled to get it back
Howard Altman

For Kristin Brown, the history mystery began last October. She was combing Jewel Beach looking for ocean-weathered bits of frosted glass on the Kodiak, Alaska, strand. But what she found was far more unusual.

“I was looking for sea glass for some craft projects and stumbled across this dog tag that was practically buried in the sand,” she said in an email to Military Times.

The dog tag belonged to a sailor named Willard Leslie Richerson, who served aboard a cannery tender converted into a Navy patrol boat called the YP-73.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/05/19/woman-hunting-for-sea-glass-in-alaska-finds-wwii-navy-dog-tag-sailors-relatives-thrilled-to-get-it-back/?utm_source=clavis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis