Author Topic: CDC: Arkansas coronavirus outbreak linked to church services  (Read 684 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.axios.com/cdc-arkansas-church-coronavirus-outbreak-fb265e5a-5db7-4ace-9bc4-098e0d09e7fd.html

CDC: Arkansas coronavirus outbreak linked to church services
by Marisa Fernandez

35 of the 92 people (38%) who attended services at a rural Arkansas church March 6–11 tested positive for the coronavirus, ultimately killing three, according to a case study released Tuesday by the CDC.

Why it matters: Places of worship continue to be a problem for controlling the widespread transmission of the coronavirus, especially as some churches and local government officials push to loosen restrictions on religious gatherings.

- Contact tracing found that an additional 26 people were infected after interacting with attendees of the church, and one person from that group died.

- Most of the cases were aged 19 and older.

- Both the pastor and his wife developed coronavirus symptoms and closed the church indefinitely on March 12.

More at URL above...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: CDC: Arkansas coronavirus outbreak linked to church services
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 08:17:04 pm »
Two months ago, before the virus was declared a pandemic, before any preventive measures had been taken.

Why report it now? To suppress religious free exercise, nothing more, nothing less.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 08:25:27 pm »
This occured in several counties in Alabama mainly in black communities around the state... This was at Greers Ferry First Assembly which seems to be a mainly white community church... in a pretty rural area surrounded by beautiful lakes.

https://www.greersferryfirst.org/
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/498643-two-southern-churches-forced-to-reclose-after-leaders-and

Two southern churches forced to reclose after leaders, congregants get coronavirus
BY ARIS FOLLEY
05/19/20

Two churches in Georgia and Texas that reopened recently amid the novel coronavirus pandemic have since closed their doors again after churchgoers and religious leaders tested positive for the virus, according to multiple media reports.

A representative for the Catoosa Baptist Tabernacle in Ringgold, Ga., told The Christian Post in a statement on Monday that the church decided earlier this month to no longer offer “in-person worship services for the foreseeable future” after confirming some of its families were “dealing with the effects of the COVID-19 virus.”

The church said it had initially resumed in-person services weeks back as Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp began to ease coronavirus restrictions on nonessential businesses in April. At the time, the church said it had also made sure to adhere to social distancing guidelines advised to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.

“Seating was marked to only permit sitting within the six foot guidelines, all doors were open to allow access without the touching of doors, and attendees were asked to enter in a social distancing manner and were dismissed in a formal manner as well to ensure that the social distancing measures were adhered by all,” the church told the outlet.

However, the church said it ultimately decided to discontinue all in-person services last week “until further notice in an effort of extreme caution for the safety and well-being of our families.”

More at URL above...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 01:46:22 pm »
The report I posted on the Coronavirus thread the other day (a study on hot spots and how COVID had spread there), indicated that enclosed spaces were much more likely places for outbreaks, and also that singing was a contributor.

I think this may be part of the problem with resuming church services.

Our church is going to resume meeting, but in the parking lot, the first part of June.  I think that drive in services may be the best bet for the time being.  (Churches have never been closed by the government here in Ohio, but most are online now).

In the meantime, the Church of Jesus Christ is thriving, since the body of Believers has never been about buildings, but about people.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 02:13:09 pm »
The report I posted on the Coronavirus thread the other day (a study on hot spots and how COVID had spread there), indicated that enclosed spaces were much more likely places for outbreaks, and also that singing was a contributor.

I think this may be part of the problem with resuming church services.

Our church is going to resume meeting, but in the parking lot, the first part of June.  I think that drive in services may be the best bet for the time being.  (Churches have never been closed by the government here in Ohio, but most are online now).

In the meantime, the Church of Jesus Christ is thriving, since the body of Believers has never been about buildings, but about people.
Actually I've found this time of being quarantined to be quite fulfilling.  I say the "Lord's prayer" when washing my hands.  Read the Bible daily.  Spend more time in prayer.  Listen to multiple sermon's on the Lord's Day, instead of just my church.  It's actually been a great experience that has drawn me closer to God.  We have to see this is as a good thing....not bad.

Our church is taking reservations for next week.  A certain number of people will be allowed in with proper distancing between families.  I'm sure there will be some bumps along the way, but it will be great to worship with fellow believers. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 03:28:25 pm »
Actually I've found this time of being quarantined to be quite fulfilling.  I say the "Lord's prayer" when washing my hands.  Read the Bible daily.  Spend more time in prayer.  Listen to multiple sermon's on the Lord's Day, instead of just my church.  It's actually been a great experience that has drawn me closer to God.  We have to see this is as a good thing....not bad.

Our church is taking reservations for next week.  A certain number of people will be allowed in with proper distancing between families.  I'm sure there will be some bumps along the way, but it will be great to worship with fellow believers.

I truly think God is using this time for His purpose, and it IS a good thing.

We have been to church, not only here at our own city and state, but in New York City and Minneapolis.  happy77

I too, have found it a time of enrichment, and it may be leading us into another Great Awakening here in America, and a time of getting our priorities straight.  I think Conservative Christians who are spending this time being angry at everyone and everything..... at governments and masks....... have been missing out on a great blessing.

Edited to add......... if anyone here knows of a good online service that has quality traditional music and a solid Gospel message, let me know.

We might go there next Sunday!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 03:30:24 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Idiot

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 03:40:52 pm »
I truly think God is using this time for His purpose, and it IS a good thing.

We have been to church, not only here at our own city and state, but in New York City and Minneapolis.  happy77

I too, have found it a time of enrichment, and it may be leading us into another Great Awakening here in America, and a time of getting our priorities straight.  I think Conservative Christians who are spending this time being angry at everyone and everything..... at governments and masks....... have been missing out on a great blessing.

Edited to add......... if anyone here knows of a good online service that has quality traditional music and a solid Gospel message, let me know.

We might go there next Sunday!
http://icampus.firstdallas.org/
Robert Jeffress- he's been preaching on heaven....it's been quite good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 05:10:31 pm »
http://icampus.firstdallas.org/
Robert Jeffress- he's been preaching on heaven....it's been quite good.

Thanks!  Even though I'm a Yankee, I really enjoy churches in the south.  :patriot:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 06:29:16 pm »
A function provided by churches accross America, is space for Alcohlics Anonymous meetings.

Like Sunday worship, these too, have had to go online/remote.

AA  also meets in single purpose halls, often called "Alano or fellowship clubs.

We closed our meeting hall too, just as the churches closed.

Taken together these groups make up a lotta good American  souls, champing at the bit to get back together.

I fully understand that the motive for restricting meetings, was public health.

Likewise I think it is ridiculous to think the motive was stiffling religious freedom.

We have learned from science, this stuff spreads indoors, in prisons, nursing homes, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Idiot

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 07:01:43 pm »
Thanks! Even though I'm a Yankee, I really enjoy churches in the south.  :patriot:
He'll forgive you for that.  happy77

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2020, 09:05:45 pm »