Author Topic: AG Barr breaks with Trump, says he does not think Obama-era officials committed treason  (Read 344 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
torney General Barr Says He Doesn't Envision Investigations of Joe Biden or Barack Obama

By ERIC TUCKER / AP May 18, 2020 6:41 PM EDT
WASHINGTON — Attorney General William Barr said Monday that he did not expect an investigation into the origins of the FBI’s Russia investigation to lead to criminal probes of either President Donald Trump’s Democratic opponent, Joe Biden, or former President Barack Obama.

Trump has stated without evidence that he believes Obama committed unspecified crimes as president, repeatedly tweeting, “OBAMAGATE!” The claims have become a rallying cry among Trump supporters, while Democrats view it as a desperate attempt to shift the focus from the president’s handling of the coronavirus outbreak and the nation’s soaring unemployment.

Barr, speaking Monday at an unrelated news conference and responding to a question about Trump’s allegations, insisted that the Justice Department would not be swayed by political pressure to investigate the president’s opponents and that the “criminal justice system will not be used for partisan political ends.”

https://time.com/5838576/barr-investigationsbiden-obama/

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/barr-obama-biden-russia/2020/05/18/id/967849/

Last year:

William BarrPublished May 31
AG Barr breaks with Trump, says he does not think Obama-era officials committed treason

Attorney General William Barr has broken with President Trump on the issue of whether or not Obama-era officials committed treason.

Barr, in a sit-down interview with CBS News, was asked whether he agreed with previous comments Trump has made suggesting some people with ties to the former president’s administration had done so.

“You don’t think that they have committed treason?” Barr was asked by reporter Jan Crawford.

"They don't realize that what they're doing is really antithetical to the democratic system that we have,” he said.

“Not as a legal matter,” he replied. “Sometimes people can convince themselves that what they're doing is in the higher interest and better good.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/barr-president-trump-obama-treason
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 12:23:50 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's going according to plan.  Thanks for the post!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
It's going according to plan.  Thanks for the post!

What's going according to plan?  Did I miss a Q report?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What's going according to plan?  Did I miss a Q report?

I have no idea.  I don't Q.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: