Author Topic: Schumer on Trump IG firing: What is GOP going to do about it?  (Read 228 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer on Trump IG firing: What is GOP going to do about it?
By Jordain Carney - 05/18/20 09:16 PM EDT

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) urged Senate Republicans to step up after President Trump fired the top State Department watchdog over the weekend.

Schumer, speaking about the decision from the Senate floor, argued that the Trump administration is "almost a rogue administration that defies the truth, that defies facts," before adding "but where are my Republican colleagues in the Senate?"

"Is a mild rebuke the most my Republican colleagues can muster? A tweet, concerned statements? This isn't the first time President Trump has fired an IG and failed to provide a sufficient explanation. So what are my Republican colleagues going to do about it? Noting, it seems, nothing," Schumer said.

"They are so afraid of President Trump, they so cling to almost his ankles that when they know he is doing wrong, when they know he is riding the truth, they're afraid to say anything. They shudder. I've never seen anything like it," he added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/498433-schumer-on-trump-ig-firing-what-is-gop-going-to-do-about-it
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34