Author Topic: Trump mobilizing U.S. military to deliver coronavirus vaccine  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Re: Trump mobilizing U.S. military to deliver coronavirus vaccine
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2020, 03:29:05 am »
Count me out.  IF this becomes mandatory, I will refuse and I'm sure I won't be alone.  Quite honestly, mobilizing the military to administer this vaccine sounds threatening.

It does sound threatening.  I've never had a flu shot and have not had a bad flu since 1976.  This one has not had enough time to be tested properly.  I will refuse too ... you are  not alone.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2020, 06:13:30 am »
It does sound threatening.  I've never had a flu shot and have not had a bad flu since 1976.  This one has not had enough time to be tested properly.  I will refuse too ... you are  not alone.
Right. I'm having Swine Flu (Ford Administration) flashbacks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2020, 04:37:18 pm »
Today a Former WHO Director says it will probably fizzle out itself. 

Coronavirus could 'burn out naturally' so vaccine not needed, former WHO director claims
Phoebe Southworth
The TelegraphMay 16, 2020, 5:59 AM PDT

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/coronavirus-could-burn-naturally-vaccine-125931790.html

Trump said that a couple times also, but then said he was mobilizing the military. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2020, 05:51:08 pm »
Me too of course.
If my Dr. who is a good friend and tennis buddy, says get it, then it's a done deal.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2020, 05:54:53 pm »
If my Dr. who is a good friend and tennis buddy, says get it, then it's a done deal.

Nope. Maybe if my vet said something...  :shrug:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2020, 06:14:04 pm »
Here's what was said by all at the briefing.  Jump to 22:53 for the Q+A portion -- which addresses most of the issues raised on this thread.

"We're working for a fully approved vaccine, but not everyone's going to want to get it" --DJT  It's not mandatory @libertybele 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 06:17:22 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2020, 06:27:23 pm »
Here's what was said by all at the briefing.  Jump to 22:53 for the Q+A portion -- which addresses most of the issues raised on this thread.

"We're working for a fully approved vaccine, but not everyone's going to want to get it" --DJT  It's not mandatory @libertybele 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

OK .... .  Thank you for the video.  happy77
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 06:29:44 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2020, 07:37:41 pm »

The US military gives all incoming recruits a full battery of vacinnations.

Our medical providers keep immunization records for us.

The preponderance of evidence, is that vacinnes are a positive "good," having eradicated deadly contagious diseases the world over.

Anti-vac reminds me of snake-handlers.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2020, 07:50:25 pm »
The US military gives all incoming recruits a full battery of vacinnations.

Our medical providers keep immunization records for us.

The preponderance of evidence, is that vacinnes are a positive "good," having eradicated deadly contagious diseases the world over.

Anti-vac reminds me of snake-handlers.

Yes, and for thirty years they told us margarine was good for us and butter was bad.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2020, 08:20:10 pm »
I won't be getting it.  I never get the flu shot either.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2020, 11:39:09 pm »
Yes, and for thirty years they told us margarine was good for us and butter was bad.

Truth!  Common sense should have entered into the picture  -- eating plastic vs. eating cream.  Supposedly red meat is supposed to be so bad for you; I say baloney.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2020, 11:42:27 pm »
Truth!  Common sense should have entered into the picture  -- eating plastic vs. eating cream.  Supposedly red meat is supposed to be so bad for you; I say baloney.
Not much on baloney--burned out on it as a kid--but a slab of sizzling beef is something i literally crave from time to time.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2020, 02:16:49 am »

Most of the time they don't know what they're talking about. The only knowledge we see is todays... We forget quickly about all the mistakes along the way...