Author Topic: Lindsey Graham on why he's not in favor of calling Obama to testify  (Read 451 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lindsey Graham on why he's not in favor of calling Obama to testify
By Julia Musto | Fox News

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., stated Friday that he doesn't support calling former President Barack Obama to testify in his review of the Russia probe because of Obama's executive privilege.

In an interview on the "Brian Kilmeade Show" with host Brian Kilmeade, Graham said that he does not want to "wreak havoc on the institution" like House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., did during the impeachment trial against the president earlier this year.

"So, if I find something that makes me suspicious of President Obama, if he may have been part of committing a crime against General Flynn or anyone else, I will turn that over to Mr. [John] Durham," he promised, referring to the U.S. attorney who is investigating the origins of the Trump-Russia probe.

On Thursday, Graham declared that his panel would hold hearings in early June as part of its investigation into the origins of the Trump-Russia investigation -- code-named "Crossfire Hurricane" -- and would focus on unmasking, abuses of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), and the appointment of Robert Mueller as special counsel.

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

If I were a Senator or Congressman, the first person I would call to testify about the biggest political crime and scandal in the history of the USA, by FAR, is former President Obama. He knew EVERYTHING. Do it @LindseyGrahamSC, just do it. No more Mr. Nice Guy. No more talk!

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/lindsey-graham-obama-senate-russia-investigation-hearings
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
For all those that thought Lindsey had turned the corner into a fire breathing conservative after the Kavanaugh confirmationhearings.

He can't even make good on his Burisma/Hunter Biden promise.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Name the former Potus that testified at a congressional hearing?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't think the Senate is the right place to do this, anyway.  Why give him that soap box?  I'd be happy if Durham's people just grilled him separately, in private.  Let him shake loose a Prosecutor in a Grand Jury.  Treating O'Bastard like anything better than a common criminal would be a terrible idea.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Name the former Potus that testified at a congressional hearing?

Lincoln, Wilson and Ford did it while they were still in office.

Teddy Roosevelt, Taft, Truman and Ford testified after they left office.

https://www.senate.gov/committees/SittingPresidentsVicePresidentsWhoHaveTestifiedBeforeCongressionalCommittees.htm
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Lincoln, Wilson and Ford did it while they were still in office.

Teddy Roosevelt, Taft, Truman and Ford testified after they left office.

https://www.senate.gov/committees/SittingPresidentsVicePresidentsWhoHaveTestifiedBeforeCongressionalCommittees.htm

I'd expect Taft to be on that list, because he went on to become a SCOTUS Chief Justice.  Confirmation Hearings.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'd expect Taft to be on that list, because he went on to become a SCOTUS Chief Justice.  Confirmation Hearings.

Only a couple of them were the House and Senate Judiciary confirmations.

The rest were everything from the Budget Committee to the Military Affairs and Immigration and Naturalization Committees.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 10:13:52 pm by txradioguy »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Only a couple of them were the House and Senate Judiciary confirmations.

The rest were everything from the Budget Committee to the Military Affairs and Immigration and Naturalization Committees.

Times were different then.  No TV.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Times were different then.  No TV.

Imagine what could actually get done in the House and Senate now if they weren't so busy grandstanding for the cameras?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Imagine what could actually get done in the House and Senate now if they weren't so busy grandstanding for the cameras?

I prefer "showboating," and you got my argument dead-on.  :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Lindsey Graham on why he's not in favor of calling Obama to testify
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 12:37:33 am »
Oh that Trump favorite Lindsey Graham.  What a guy!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.