Author Topic: Biden says he would not pardon Trump  (Read 209 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden says he would not pardon Trump
« on: May 15, 2020, 11:56:03 am »
Biden says he would not pardon Trump
By Marty Johnson - 05/15/20 07:45 AM EDT

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee and former Vice President Joe Biden on Thursday said that if he is elected president he would not use his power to pardon President Trump or stop any investigations into the current president and his administration.

“It is not something the president is entitled to do, to direct a prosecution or decide to drop a case. It’s a dereliction of duty,” Biden told MSNBC's Lawrence O’Donnell in an appearance on his show “The Last Word.”

"It's hands off completely,” Biden added on how he would handle Trump investigations. “The attorney general is not the president's lawyer. It's the people's lawyer. We never saw anything like the prostitution of that office like we see it today.”

Former President Nixon, the only president to ever resign from office, was pardoned by his vice president and successor, President Ford, after Nixon stepped down following the Watergate scandal in 1974.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/497929-biden-says-he-would-not-pardon-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Biden says he would not pardon Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 11:58:00 am »
Considering that, I feel that trump should treat Biden equally. Bursima?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 12:14:58 pm »
Banana Republic here we come.
So much for the peaceful transition of power.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 12:46:27 pm »
Can't grant a pardon from a prison cell, Joe.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley