Author Topic: 108 Most Popular Sodas Ranked by How Toxic They Are  (Read 842 times)

Offline libertybele

108 Most Popular Sodas Ranked by How Toxic They Are
« on: June 09, 2020, 01:12:45 am »
I steer clear these days of drinking a soda, but I love Coca-Cola.  Never really drank any other soda.   Ha!  Coming in @ #32, Coca-Cola's flagship drink is actually less harmful than most of the soda's on this list.
   - Slide show @ link

108 Most Popular Sodas Ranked by How Toxic They Are

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/nutrition/108-most-popular-sodas-ranked-by-how-toxic-they-are/ss-BB14Ms0u?li=BBnb7Kz
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Re: 108 Most Popular Sodas Ranked by How Toxic They Are
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 01:48:56 am »
I steer clear these days of drinking a soda, but I love Coca-Cola.  Never really drank any other soda.   Ha!  Coming in @ #32, Coca-Cola's flagship drink is actually less harmful than most of the soda's on this list.

I used to drink Pepsi and Mountain Dew by the gross... I mean, there's a cooler behind the wheel well in my pickup that gets fresh ice every day, and it used to get a cold pack each of beer, Pepsi and/or Mountain Dew every other day... Even more when really hot.

Some time around 30/35 I had a heart palpitation issue, wound up in emergency over night with heart damage enzymes in my blood... Doctors could not pin down what happened... Till my diet was considered. Coffee all morning, pop all day... WAY over-caffeinated... They considered that caffeine was the probable culprit.

I kinda wrote it off to a fluke as young men will, but then I happened to pour out a pepsi that had been left on the tailgate overnight... And happened to note the syrupy consistency, which is hard to notice while it is still carbonated. I then had a wild hair, and decided to taste a cold, flat Pepsi... Just to see what I been drinking.

Flat Pepsi tastes like ass.

And more than that, I attempted to take pure water and mimic the syrup by adding sugar to approximate the consistency. Folks should try that. Really. You will be stunned.

That was when I went back to sweet tea and lemonade. Let the cool kids laugh at my quart jar while they drink their cool-kid acid drinks laced with caffeine and sugar at preposterous amounts... From an alzheimer's contributing aluminum can, no less.

Sweet tea or lemonade is the epitome of health by comparison. I can drink it by the gallon, and not come close to what is contained in two cans of soda.

Was surprised however. that ginger ales rated so very high - I like to float cranberry concentrate in ginger ale for a summer treat... Thinking ginger ale to be more benign. It's delicious that way, btw.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 05:30:33 pm »
Even including an occasional soda at a FF place I probably drink the equivalent of 2-4 cans a week, some weeks less. If Vernors were widely available here in Silicon Valley, well, that would be tempting.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 05:39:10 pm »
Since I don't drink (maybe once/year), and don't smoke,  I figure I am entitled to one vice.  Mine is Coke Zero.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 08:38:41 pm »
I stopped drinking soft drinks in high school loooong before it became a sin to drink one. I can't really say why 'cause I don't know/remember.

When I did drink soft drinks, it was Orange Crush or 7-up. Although I was a sucker for a black cow (coke or root beer float).

I just drink field (unsweet) tea or water and have since that time.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 09:50:20 pm »
I stopped drinking soft drinks in high school loooong before it became a sin to drink one. I can't really say why 'cause I don't know/remember.

When I did drink soft drinks, it was Orange Crush or 7-up. Although I was a sucker for a black cow (coke or root beer float).

I just drink field (unsweet) tea or water and have since that time.

As long as we’re sharing. We raised three great soda-free kids. My wife drank a lot of Diet Coke—saved on calories was her excuse. I was agnostic about her habit until I went to med school and we started having kids. I explained to her just how bad diet soda was, she listened and agreed. I asked her if she thought it was good for the kids to see her drinking so many diet sodas and maybe get into the habit themselves?

Luckily she said no. She stopped, the kids never started, and we lived happily ever after. Well, at least until the divorce thirty years later.  :shrug:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 10:16:42 pm »
Everything is bad for you if you consume too much of it.  Personally, I don't drink soda anymore because of the sugar content in regular soda and the phony stuff in the diet soda.  But I'm sure as hell not going to deride someone for consuming a soda or whatever else they like when they want to. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 10:22:05 pm »
Luckily she said no. She stopped, the kids never started, and we lived happily ever after. Well, at least until the divorce thirty years later.  :shrug:

Had to wait until the kids were dead?  :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 10:24:57 pm »
Everything is bad for you if you consume too much of it.  Personally, I don't drink soda anymore because of the sugar content in regular soda and the phony stuff in the diet soda.  But I'm sure as hell not going to deride someone for consuming a soda or whatever else they like when they want to.

I rarely drink any soda at all, so when I do, I look for stuff made with real cane sugar (like Hanson's), not that High Fructose Corn syrup shit they put in most sodas.  That stuff sucks dog.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: