Author Topic: Moderate Democrats voice opposition and unease over $3 trillion Covid package pushed by Pelosi  (Read 241 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Moderate Democrats voice opposition and unease over $3 trillion Covid package pushed by Pelosi

Some moderate Democrats in Congress are expressing unease over, or outright opposition to, the more than $3 trillion coronavirus relief bill that party leaders are bringing to the House floor for a Friday vote.
The pushback underscores how House Democratic leaders are being attacked on all sides over the legislation -- by congressional Republicans, who have dismissed the legislation as an liberal wish list, as well as within their own ranks by both progressives and moderates.
Despite the criticism from both progressives and moderates, House Democrats leaders have expressed confidence that the package will pass the House on Friday. It is not expected to be taken up by the Senate, however, due to Republican opposition.
Progressives have expressed frustration that the bill does not go far enough to provide aid to Americans dealing with economic fallout, while some moderates are voicing concern over the massive price tag of the plan and the fact that it does not have widespread bipartisan support.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/14/politics/democrats-uneasy-covid-aid-3-trillion/index.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.