Author Topic: ‘My Mistake Was Relying On The Word Of The FBI’: Trey Gowdy Explains What He Did Wrong In Russia Pro  (Read 1411 times)

Offline roamer_1

Trump was yelling from the rooftops that the FBI was broken and everyone, Gowdy included, ignored him.

Well, to be fair, he yells from the rooftop about everything.

Offline aligncare

Trump was yelling from the rooftops that the FBI was broken and everyone, Gowdy included, ignored him.

Yeah, they did nothing the cowards. Politicians are notorious for hedging their bets and cowering in corners until the boogeyman passes. In 2017, republicans were mostly shuffling around hemming and hawing waiting to see if the Russian collusion political/media hit job took.

But Trump fought back, withstood the storm, defied all conventional wisdom about politics up till then.

Offline EdinVA

Well, to be fair, he yells from the rooftop about everything.
Fine with me... he is right more than not.

Offline roamer_1

Fine with me... he is right more than not.

Yeah.... Folks that listen to Alex Jones say the same thing...  :whistle:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Trump is right more than not.  And Alex Jones IS NOT POTUS, is he?

Anything Barr/Durham are working on to bring justice to the forefront best happen real soon.  In less than six months, we could have a Dem elect POTUS to be, and if that happens, all will cease.  Even if Trump does get re-elected, there is no promise of forthcoming indictments.

I have zero confidence that justice will be served, that the likes of Obama will answer for his many crimes, or Eric Holder, Clinton, et al.

Fact is, in Washington, DC, the circus is center stage every damn day.  And it is getting old.  Might just be time for another revolution.  We have long ceased operating as a true republic, and I would like to see that return.

Offline Slide Rule

I'm to the point of not being able to believe anything the FBI might say now.  That might just get me off of federal jury duty next time I'm called.

Now why would you wish to avoid jury duty?

We need men, yes men, with reason on every jury no matter
what the issue.

If the Feds charged me, I would appreciate your service.

Al
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Now why would you wish to avoid jury duty?

We need men, yes men, with reason on every jury no matter
what the issue.

If the Feds charged me, I would appreciate your service.

Al

I was being a bit facetious @Slide Rule The last time I got called for jury service one of the questions I was asked during the voir dire was "Do you know any of the principles in this case?"  My answer; "Other than the Judge, the prosecutors, the defense counsel, and the defendant, no."  I was excused and never have been called back.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I was being a bit facetious @Slide Rule The last time I got called for jury service one of the questions I was asked during the voir dire was "Do you know any of the principles in this case?"  My answer; "Other than the Judge, the prosecutors, the defense counsel, and the defendant, no."  I was excused and never have been called back.
Having been slapped with a penalty many moons ago for not having had 3/4 of my estimated taxes paid by the end of the 3rd quarter in a year when all of my taxable income was in the 4th quarter, I was called to be a juror in a case involving the IRS. I was questioned during voir dire about relatives who had worked for the Federal Government, and dutifully rattled off the list. When asked if that might prejudice me in the case, I replied, "No, Your Honor, but there is one little thing. A few years back the IRS slapped me with a penalty I'd have had to been prescient to avoid, and I'm still a mite hot about that." The Judge asked if I thought that might prejudice my feelings about the case, and I said, "Well, to be more fair to them than they were to me, Yes, Your Honor, I do."

The judge replied (with a grin) "You are dismissed."  Haven't been called since (for Federal).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump is right more than not.  And Alex Jones IS NOT POTUS, is he?

Anything Barr/Durham are working on to bring justice to the forefront best happen real soon.  In less than six months, we could have a Dem elect POTUS to be, and if that happens, all will cease.  Even if Trump does get re-elected, there is no promise of forthcoming indictments.

@jafo2010

Are you kidding? With a re-election he doesn't have to worry about pleasing people to get elected anymore,and it will be "No more Mister Nice Guy". He is NOT the "forgiving type" by nature,and he's going to go after them.

I have zero confidence that justice will be served, that the likes of Obama will answer for his many crimes, or Eric Holder, Clinton, et al.

Well,I am not as confident as I wish I were,either. Mostly because NO single individual can topple a criminal empire that large that has been in "business" for so many decades by themselves,not even a president.

Might just be time for another revolution. We have long ceased operating as a true republic, and I would like to see that return.

Wish I could argue with that too,but I seem to have ran out of words.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!