Author Topic: Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) won Nebraska’s GOP Senate primary Tuesday, defeating a challenger who sought  (Read 515 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Sasse wins Republican Senate primary
By Tal Axelrod - 05/12/20 09:08 PM EDT

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) won Nebraska’s GOP Senate primary Tuesday, defeating a challenger who sought to make an issue of the senator's occasional criticism of President Trump.

Sasse, who is running for a second term, defeated Nebraska Republican Matt Innis, a Marine Corps veteran and business owner. The primary was largely conducted through mailed-in ballots.

Innis had sought to cast Sasse as insufficiently supportive of Trump, but Sasse leaned into his occasional criticism of the president, releasing an ad ahead of the primary raced touting his “guts.”.....

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/497389-sasse-wins-republican-senate-primary

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I thought Sasse was leaving politics.  Major Putz.  He thinks he is electable to POTUS.  Expect him to run in 2024.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I thought Sasse was leaving politics.  Major Putz.  He thinks he is electable to POTUS.  Expect him to run in 2024.

Expect me to vote for him.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
EXCELLENT!   :beer:

I agree.  Trump is not the dictator of the Republican Party.  Dissent is often good
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I agree.  Trump is not the dictator of the Republican Party.  Dissent is often good
Often.

Conscientious dissent is good. It keeps people honest, especially with a President known to play fast and loose with the truth when it benefits him.

Mitt Romney, John McCain-style dissent for dissent's sake is not.

Sasse is the former.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline PeteS in CA

This Senator Sasse, https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/460833-trump-endorses-sasse-in-2020-race ? Funny how the OP article from The Hill did not reference this earlier The Hill article, as I found it in seconds using Duck Duck Go.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.