Author Topic: Nursing Home COVID Deaths By State  (Read 774 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Nursing Home COVID Deaths By State
« on: May 09, 2020, 06:55:28 pm »
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ETm51GayRjlnoaRVtUOWfkolEeAQZ-zPhXkCbVe4_ik/edit#gid=435667374

Nursing Home COVID Deaths By State

This is a spreadsheet that I won't try to quote. The bottom line is that ~52% of US Covid-19 deaths have been nursing home patients.

The states that are 60% or higher are are DE, MD, MA, MN, NE, NH, OR, PA RI, WA, and WV. Several states are not reporting data, and NY's data excludes SNF patients who were transferred to and died in hospitals.

The big point (beyond some states' obvious failure to protect SNF patients) from my POV is that decisions for an entire state based on data dominated by a very small % of the state's residents are totally unreasonable.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Nursing Home COVID Deaths By State
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 09:06:40 pm »
Conclusion:

Protect the vulnerable in nursing homes and leave the rest of us alone in freedom.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 09:49:58 pm »
Pennsylvania opened almost every county in the western end of the state, except one -- Beaver County, where a major outbreak of the virus occurred in one -- count 'em -- ONE nursing home.  So the entire county stays on lockdown because some fools in one nursing home didn't know what to do (or didn't care to know) when residents were dying from the virus like flies. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 10:51:48 pm »
North Dakota is shown as "not reporting", but the vast majority of deaths have occurred in Cass County (with the largest numbers of cases, in and out of extended care facilities of any county in the State). Some facilities, judging by number of cases have done better than others. Considering that 30 of the 35 deaths in the State have been in the 70+ age group, and 22 of those in 80+, there is a good chance that there is some nursing home involvement.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 10:52:42 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 10:55:39 pm »
Assisted living facilities, Nursing Homes, or SNF's in most states is pathetically under-regulated at best. and that doesn't even address independent living centers where there is virtually NO regulation to protect the elderly population.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 12:38:17 am »
Assisted living facilities, Nursing Homes, or SNF's in most states is pathetically under-regulated at best. and that doesn't even address independent living centers where there is virtually NO regulation to protect the elderly population.

When they're regulated, it's the kind of regs that allow an unscrupulous Governor like Cuomo to force these very facilities to accept COVID patients, and won't permit testing to identify the vectors.  For all the bullshit being slung about about "testing, testing, testing!" it's remarkable Cuomo treats this the same improper way they treated testing for AIDS back in the 80's and 90's.  They didn't even want the Red Cross to test for AIDS in blood when it was well known that it's a blood-born disease.

One would think that, with the proven susceptibility of the aged they'd actually concentrate the testing there, but Cuomo went the opposite direction!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 12:43:04 am »
Thankful that I am not in a nursing home in NJ.   :0001:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2020, 01:47:48 pm »
Pennsylvania opened almost every county in the western end of the state, except one -- Beaver County, where a major outbreak of the virus occurred in one -- count 'em -- ONE nursing home.  So the entire county stays on lockdown because some fools in one nursing home didn't know what to do (or didn't care to know) when residents were dying from the virus like flies.
In WV, most deaths have occurred in two or three nursing homes. To his credit,  Gov. Justice is requiring testing for nursing home employees but not letting that prevent the gradual reopening of the rest of the state or the counties in which they're located.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2020, 09:48:02 pm »
In WV, most deaths have occurred in two or three nursing homes. To his credit,  Gov. Justice is requiring testing for nursing home employees but not letting that prevent the gradual reopening of the rest of the state or the counties in which they're located.

That's because Gov. Justice has a few functioning brain cells -- unlike the dope we have in Harrisburg. 

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 01:08:35 am »
When they're regulated, it's the kind of regs that allow an unscrupulous Governor like Cuomo to force these very facilities to accept COVID patients, and won't permit testing to identify the vectors.  For all the bullshit being slung about about "testing, testing, testing!" it's remarkable Cuomo treats this the same improper way they treated testing for AIDS back in the 80's and 90's.  They didn't even want the Red Cross to test for AIDS in blood when it was well known that it's a blood-born disease.

One would think that, with the proven susceptibility of the aged they'd actually concentrate the testing there, but Cuomo went the opposite direction!
By regulation, the states cant allow these "homes" to cover up their misdeeds. Being a guardian for my parents, I've seen how they mistreat residents and caregivers alike. They hide behind privacy laws so they don't have to report jack.  NYC is a terrible mess because the government is abusing the process.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2020, 01:17:19 am »
By regulation, the states cant allow these "homes" to cover up their misdeeds. Being a guardian for my parents, I've seen how they mistreat residents and caregivers alike. They hide behind privacy laws so they don't have to report jack.  NYC is a terrible mess because the government is abusing the process.

Leaving the loved one to yell into the wind is the greatest thing ever...for the bureaucrats. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2020, 01:35:50 am »

I hear you. We went 'shopping' for an assisted living facility to put my father-in-law ... unbelievable.  Affordable facilities are usually state run (Medicaid) that  I wouldn't put my worst enemy in.  We found a facility, but we had to really watch them.   They charge for everything (and I mean everything) and every service and if your not around to check, sometimes the 'service' or item isn't provided though you get charged. The facility was clean and a nurse on staff; though what she did, we never figured out. I can say that never saw anyone mistreated or neglected, but I definitely would never recommend putting anyone into a facility that you couldn't visit on a regular basis.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2020, 01:35:56 am »
The most bizarre thing Cuomo has done, in fact that anyone has ever done, is that he was restricting family members from visiting elderly relatives because they may introduce COVID-19. At the same time as that, Cuomo was forcing Nursing Homes to admit known COVID positive patients.

Family member cannot enter because they may have COVID, but actual known COVID patients by law must enter and be admitted. The most insane bizarre logic ever in history.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2020, 01:48:04 am »
The most bizarre thing Cuomo has done, in fact that anyone has ever done, is that he was restricting family members from visiting elderly relatives because they may introduce COVID-19. At the same time as that, Cuomo was forcing Nursing Homes to admit known COVID positive patients.

Family member cannot enter because they may have COVID, but actual known COVID patients by law must enter and be admitted. The most insane bizarre logic ever in history.

It only makes sense if the Governor is trying to use an infectious disease to "cull the herd."
I will NOT comply.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2020, 10:38:36 pm »
I hear you. We went 'shopping' for an assisted living facility to put my father-in-law ... unbelievable.  Affordable facilities are usually state run (Medicaid) that  I wouldn't put my worst enemy in.  We found a facility, but we had to really watch them.   They charge for everything (and I mean everything) and every service and if your not around to check, sometimes the 'service' or item isn't provided though you get charged. The facility was clean and a nurse on staff; though what she did, we never figured out. I can say that never saw anyone mistreated or neglected, but I definitely would never recommend putting anyone into a facility that you couldn't visit on a regular basis.

This stuff as you describe goes on in even the "better" facilities. I had to put my father in one temporarily. It's registered in Texas as a "skilled nursing facility" but doesn't take Medicare or Medicaid. But the kicker is, as they were trying to "discharge" him because he was too much work, they said they didn't have to abide by state regulations because their staff wasn't skilled. Yes they were reported, but nothing happened.