Author Topic: La Nina is coming!  (Read 1215 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
La Nina is coming!
« on: May 13, 2020, 12:00:56 am »
Ice Age Now  May 12, 2020 by Robert

“East tropical Pacific ocean is starting to cool, indicating a regime shift in the tropics and starting a cold ENSO phase,”says reader Martin Siebert.”It will very likely boost the #Hurricane season strength and have a major impact on the #Winter of 2020/2021.”

What is “ENSO”?

ENSO is short for “El Niño Southern Oscillation”. There are many ways to describe it, but the best version is probably from the NOAA Climate page:

“El Niño and La Niña are the warm and cool phases of a recurring climate pattern across the tropical Pacific – the El Niño-Southern Oscillation, or “ENSO” for short. The pattern can shift back and forth irregularly every two to seven years, and each phase triggers predictable disruptions of temperature, precipitation, and winds. These changes disrupt the large-scale air movements in the tropics, triggering a cascade of global side effects.”

Below we have an example of each event, the warm El Nino phase in 2015, and the cold La Nina phase in 2011. Graphics show sea surface temperature anomalies. We can see warmer/colder waters in the tropical Pacific in the ENSO regions.

https://www.severe-weather.eu/global-weather/enso-cold-phase-impact-hurricane-winter-fa/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

More: https://www.iceagenow.info/la-nina-is-coming/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: La Nina is coming!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 12:36:59 am »
LOL!  I live in the Mojave Desert, and they've beeen making the El Nina prediction for years.  It's not "Free Beer Tomorrow," it's "Free Beer....Whenver!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 12:46:58 am »
Please! Get the gender correct or you'll scare La Nina away. :nono:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 01:14:20 am »
Please! Get the gender correct or you'll scare La Nina away. :nono:

"La", "El," what's the difference?  You might be right.  I've been queering the deal all along!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: