Author Topic: Trump promotes conspiracy theory accusing MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough of murder  (Read 1442 times)

Offline LottieDah

Here is a recipe for a conspiracy theory: Mix a kernel of truth (dead girl), with a dose of half-truths (head injury by violence), conjectures and prejudices (must have been murdered, not a fan of Scarborough). Mix, willful ignorance (refuse to believe death by undisclosed cardiac condition);  Add a semi-credible mouth piece and there it is. Ultimately people are going to believe what they want to believe.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: It’s come to this
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2020, 02:35:09 pm »
A "Conspiracy theory" these days is any thought that does not comport with the leftist view of things.  it has become a major part of the cultural Marxism lexicon of words and phrases they use to shut down speech they don't like.  It doesn't work with me.

BS 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2020, 02:37:59 pm »
Conspiracy theories are  the product of hateful people with a lot of time on their hands to invent imaginary wrongdoing by someone they dislike for the purpose of destroying that person.  Someone doesn't like Hillary, so every sudden death of every person even remotely connected to her has to have been murder.  In this case Trump doesn't like Scarborough, so he "casually" mentions a conspiracy theory that Scarborough murdered his girlfriend.  Unfortunately, there are enough gullible people who believe these theories without even looking for the truth.  After all, if it's on the internet, it must be true, right?   *****rollingeyes*****

Yeah, the president has too much time on his hands.  He has to promote conspiracy.  Trump machine wouldn't churn without a daily character assassination.  Bearing false witness against people he doesn't particularly like.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2020, 08:35:12 pm »
Conspiracy theories are  the product of hateful people with a lot of time on their hands to invent imaginary wrongdoing by someone they dislike for the purpose of destroying that person.  Someone doesn't like Hillary, so every sudden death of every person even remotely connected to her has to have been murder.  In this case Trump doesn't like Scarborough, so he "casually" mentions a conspiracy theory that Scarborough murdered his girlfriend.  Unfortunately, there are enough gullible people who believe these theories without even looking for the truth.  After all, if it's on the internet, it must be true, right?   *****rollingeyes*****
Sometimes a 'Conspiracy Theory" is just a conspiracy.

That was the primary first line of defense for the DOJ/ATF of the Obama administration, that the actual acts by those agencies read like a bad spy novel. The more outrageous the crime, the more easily it was written off as a "conspiracy theory" but that didn't mean it didn't happen.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2020, 04:59:07 pm »
Look, I'm not saying coroners are perfect. One of the most mistake-prone is an arrogant Btd named Cyril Wecht, who is often seen on tv when there is a discussion about a high-profile case. 
Hey, look! Wecht finally is right about something:
Cyril H. Wecht: Time to end the COVID-19 hysteria
By Cyril H. Wecht
7 hrs ago

An ever-increasing number of United States citizens are beginning to raise questions about how long the widely imposed quarantines and restrictive measures regarding COVID-19 will remain in place. How much longer can we continue to function as a civilized society with government-imposed, legally enforced restrictive measures that significantly and adversely impact upon our daily lives? How long are such measures sustainable?  ...

Accordingly, I would like to suggest that people stand back and calmly and objectively reflect upon the price society is paying for this widespread ongoing sequestration. ...

I heartily agree with the need to protect our disabled and elderly populations and individuals who are more susceptible to the ravages of the coronavirus because of chronic respiratory, cardiovascular and other systemic disease processes. However, I strongly believe that this must be done in a more-focused fashion. Special efforts, time, money and health care services must be devoted to these groups. This can be accomplished without imposing the widespread restrictions that we are experiencing throughout much of the United States and certainly here in Pennsylvania. ...
Post-Gazette via MSN News
@Applewood
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Joe promotes conspiracy theory all the time about Trump on his show, surely he can handle some coming back his direction.

The Republic is lost.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2020, 05:19:53 pm »
Hey, look! Wecht finally is right about something:Post-Gazette via MSN News
@Applewood

@mountaineer

OMG!  The sky is going to fall in.  LOL  Thanks for the ping.