Author Topic: The 8 key provisions expected in Democrats' next COVID-19 bill  (Read 270 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 thehill.com
The 8 key provisions expected in Democrats' next COVID-19 bill
By Mike Lillis and Scott Wong - 05/11/20 03:21 PM EDT

Speaker Nancy PelosiNancy PelosiSen. Lamar Alexander to self-quarantine after staff member tests positive for COVID-19 Five factors influencing when the House returns Kudlow: 'Informal' talks underway on next round of coronavirus stimulus MORE (D-Calif.) and House Democrats are charging ahead this week with the next round of emergency coronavirus relief — another massive, multitrillion-dollar package designed to buttress the economy against the devastating pandemic.

The enormous bill — the fifth legislative response to COVID-19 — could arrive as early as Monday or Tuesday, according to Democratic aides. That sets the stage for a House vote as soon as Friday, Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) has said.

Dubbed CARES 2, the legislation is expected to adhere largely to the contours of the first CARES Act, enacted March 27, by providing help to medical providers, small businesses, workers and families most affected by the crisis.

But with House Democrats taking the first crack at this latest round of relief — without any GOP input — the proposal is expected to feature a host of additional provisions, excluded from earlier bills, to act as a values statement heading into negotiations with Republicans in the Senate and White House. And Pelosi is urging Democrats not to be shy about their suggested add-ons.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/497166-the-8-key-provisions-expected-in-democrats-next-covid-19-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: The 8 key provisions expected in Democrats' next COVID-19 bill
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 10:08:06 pm »
I see my RINO congresscritter has gotten some of his legislation (with the help of democrats of course) into this bill.... The rural broadband stuff is mixed in with the rest of the bill.

Is it just me, or does everytime one of the deficit bills pass I get even more sick. I am not a rich person, 2000 dollars every month sounds like a million dollars, but at what cost.... ? We know the cost, the ability of our country in the future to come out of debt and stop paying just interest. IOWs the future of our children and grandchildren.

Just say NO is my motto.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34