State Chapters > Illinois

Illinois governor says masks and social distancing orders will continue indefinitely, until vaccine

(1/9) > >>

mystery-ak:
Illinois governor says masks and social distancing orders will continue indefinitely, until vaccine
May 11, 2020 | Frieda Powers

Illinois residents may not be seeing an end in sight any time soon for coronavirus orders in their state.

Governor J. B. Pritzker doubled down on the lockdown orders in his state, telling CNN’s Jake Tapper on Sunday that Illinois residents could see weeks of social distancing and wearing masks until he feels the coronavirus is “eradicated.”

The Democrat governor, who has come under fire over his stay-at-home order, announced a five-phase reopening plan and an updated order at the beginning of the month which goes through at least May 29.

“We are being very careful,” Pritzker told Tapper on “State of the Union” Sunday.

“We have a 28-day period in May in which we’re monitoring these numbers. On May 1, I changed our stay-at-home order to make sure we reopened our state parks and kept people socially distant, put a lot of rules in. We opened golf courses, but only for very small groups going through it, no carts, everybody has to have their own clubs and everybody has to have masks,” he added.

“Everybody across the state has to wear a face covering in public,” the Democrat said. “We’ve done a lot to make sure we’re keeping these numbers moving in the right direction. And we will not reopen unless we meet all of the standards that I’ve set for doing so.”

He claimed the state was “going it alone” as they have “not been counting on the White House, because there have been too many situations in which they’ve made promises not delivered.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/05/11/illinois-governor-says-masks-and-social-distancing-orders-will-continue-indefinitely-until-vaccine-919518

roamer_1:
Idiocy.

I can't see folks downstate putting up with this nonsense.

mystery-ak:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on May 11, 2020, 03:48:45 pm ---Idiocy.

I can't see folks downstate putting up with this nonsense.

--- End quote ---

I am ready to march on the capitol...but Prickster lives in Chicago and never comes south of I80......my motto is they can't arrest us all..lol

Cyber Liberty:
This is stupid, and unreasonable to boot.  Who can honestly say when, or even if a vaccine is possible!  I've been waiting for a vaccine for the common cold my whole life.  The Coronavirus more closely resembles the common cold than it does the flu, and the flu vaccinations are hit-and-miss.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on May 11, 2020, 03:53:03 pm ---I am ready to march on the capitol...but Prickster lives in Chicago and never comes south of I80......my motto is they can't arrest us all..lol

--- End quote ---

Don't they all? There and Springfield.  :whistle:

Folks up in here are now outright ignoring Helena's dictates. And yeah. The best way forward is a general nullification by the citizenry. What are they gonna do? Take away your birthday?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version