Poll

How do you store music to relisten?

CD DVD
6 (31.6%)
Mp3 but don't care about bitrate
3 (15.8%)
Mp3 but only want high quality recordings and Higher bitrates
6 (31.6%)
Different high quality format (FLAC or Apple Lossless ect)
1 (5.3%)
Stream music and have a playlist in the cloud
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: May 21, 2020, 02:04:07 am

Author Topic: How do you perfer to listen to your music? Format wise?  (Read 3297 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: How do you perfer to listen to your music? Format wise?
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2020, 08:53:17 pm »
Wow, I am ashamed after a few days with little response, I gave up checking this poll.... I am so glad I revisited it... My gang (yall) gave a great perspective in each of your personalities... none of which was bad in any way... Music is a very personal thing and each of you proved how it relates to you...

My wife listens to very little music unless doing school work (she streams it from a Christian radio station most the time). Oddly enough, after years of occasionally listening to Moody Radio on rare occasions, she altered her normal pattern and started playing Organ music. Yes I was surprised but delighted she found a new niche...  even if just for a few days.

I now days only have a decent computer sound system with a medium subwoofer. It does a fair job being I don't crank it up unless I am the only person in the house. I compute in the main room of the house and it isn't fair to bother everyone with my music above a certain threshold... I do miss my old car stereos systems, that was my release for many year (drive and listen to a good subwoofer bring out parts of music you didn't normall hear on just a radio). Respect to the audiophiles that love the full range of music (didn't have to be bass heavy as I enjoyed).

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

Re: How do you perfer to listen to your music? Format wise?
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2020, 10:29:31 pm »
I now days only have a decent computer sound system with a medium subwoofer. It does a fair job being I don't crank it up unless I am the only person in the house. I compute in the main room of the house and it isn't fair to bother everyone with my music above a certain threshold... I do miss my old car stereos systems, that was my release for many year (drive and listen to a good subwoofer bring out parts of music you didn't normall hear on just a radio). Respect to the audiophiles that love the full range of music (didn't have to be bass heavy as I enjoyed).

I'll tell you what- Don't miss on that old school amp thing.
You can pick up a great home stereo system in a boneyard or yard sale for about nothing...
push audio out to that and through it to old school house speakers. All super cheep, and nice big deep sound.

In the car- If your phone is a Droid, you can buy a crappy head unit for about any car, even old ones... In a kit. My 78 Chevy PU has great sound, backup vid, nav, the whole 9 yards... and talks to my phone... I think I am in my head unit amp and speakers for around $150 used... It ain't perfect, the amp is a piece of crap, but in a pickup, it's sure good enough.