Author Topic: Ninth Circuit Refuses to Lift Injunction on Immigrant Healthcare Proclamation  (Read 320 times)

rangerrebew

Ninth Circuit Refuses to Lift Injunction on Immigrant Healthcare Proclamation
At an interesting point in history, and with one fiery dissent
By Andrew R. Arthur on May 7, 2020

In October, the White House issued a proclamation suspending (with exceptions) the entry of immigrants who cannot show that they would be covered by approved health insurance — as defined therein — within 30 days of their entry into the United States.

The purpose of that proclamation was to eliminate the substantial costs to healthcare providers and taxpayers in paying for medical expenses incurred by immigrants who lack health insurance or the ability to pay for their own healthcare.

The overall cost of unreimbursed services that hospitals give their patients — both citizens and aliens — has exceeded $35 billion in each of the last 10 years. This equals approximately $7 million per hospital, costs that can drive some of them into insolvency.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Ninth-Circuit-Refuses-Lift-Injunction-Immigrant-Healthcare-Proclamation

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Sounds like a good step in the right direction.  But some states openly give them insurance.  And it would be interesting to know what the exceptions are.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sounds like a good step in the right direction.  But some states openly give them insurance.  And it would be interesting to know what the exceptions are.

The Proclamation was a good step in the right direction.  The Ninth Circus decision to nullify it in the worst state in the Union for illegal immigrant coddling is rotten, and I hope the SCOTUS takes it up on an expedited appeal.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: