Author Topic: Joe Biden’s anemic campaign has just one thing to offer: He’s not Trump  (Read 356 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Joe Biden’s anemic campaign has just one thing to offer: He’s not Trump
NY Post, May 9, 2020, Kyle Smith

Hillary Clinton’s campaign anthem was “Fight Song.” What will Joe Biden’s be? “All by Myself”? “I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry”? The way things are going Biden’s acceptance speech at the Democratic convention is going to be the first one ever delivered via message in a bottle.

The good news for Biden is that people suddenly remembered he exists this month. The bad news is that the reason is Tara Reade. But now that Biden has denied on the record that he molested his former employee in 1993, the media will shrug and return to their regularly scheduled carpet-bombing of President Trump on Biden’s behalf. Biden himself will return to being the fuzzy background figure most people know as the guy running for president who is not Trump.

There are whistle-stop campaigns and front-porch campaigns. Biden is running a Kid on Back of Milk Carton campaign. Mr. Press the Flesh (and Massage the Shoulders, and Sniff the Hair) is for now unable to do the thing he was widely reckoned to be best at, which is retail politicking with flesh-and-blood voters. And what is happening? Biden is going up in the polls! Some campaign ads for Biden don’t even mention the candidate, such as an online spot that reads, “Thank President Obama for Fighting to Defeat Trump in 2020.” Obama, Trump: If Biden has his way, those will be the only two political figures on your mind in the next six months.

Hey, it just might work! Rumors that Biden was planning to change his last name to “Not Trump” could not be confirmed at press time, but the absolute best Joe Biden can hope for is that people forget everything they know about Joe Biden except that he is not Trump and that he was Obama’s vice president. Never mind that the vice president of the United States has no official duties whatsoever and that Biden was, even 10 years ago, treated with so much condescension and pity by Team Obama that the White House conducted focus groups to determine whether Biden should be dumped from the 2012 ticket in favor of Hillary Clinton. (Obama stuck with Biden because it turned out the voters didn’t prefer Hillary.)

More:  https://nypost.com/2020/05/09/bidens-campaign-has-just-one-thing-to-offer-hes-not-trump/

Offline Lando Lincoln

I can talk myself into several alternative universe scenarios as we go through the nomination process.  The Democrats will put on quite a show before it is over.  Like many, or maybe most, I doubt they will nominate Biden.

It will be fun but at the same time... what a mess. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline PeteS in CA

"I Am Not Name of Opponent" is seldom a winning campaign slogan.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Pete wrote:

But THIS YEAR, it's all that may be needed.

Mr. Trump is such an imposing figure (and icon) that one's vote in November will be either "for him" or "ag'in' him".

The fact that someone as incompetent as Biden could get as far as he's gotten is stark evidence of this.

So whether it be Biden, or o'er-the-hillary, or Sonny Corleone Cuomo, or even the moose -- makes no difference this time 'round.

They "aren't him".
And to too many folks (even some in this forum), that's all that's required.

Offline LegalAmerican

Pete wrote:

But THIS YEAR, it's all that may be needed.

Mr. Trump is such an imposing figure (and icon) that one's vote in November will be either "for him" or "ag'in' him".

The fact that someone as incompetent as Biden could get as far as he's gotten is stark evidence of this.

So whether it be Biden, or o'er-the-hillary, or Sonny Corleone Cuomo, or even the moose -- makes no difference this time 'round.

They "aren't him".
And to too many folks (even some in this forum), that's all that's required.

Yes and shows the ignorance of that.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Picture a Zoom meeting, with Obama, Bill Clinton, Pelosi, Shumer, etc.Maybe Carville, Brazille.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln