Author Topic: Atheists Warn Minneapolis That Mosque’s Public Prayers Violate Noise Ordinance  (Read 307 times)

rangerrebew

Atheists Warn Minneapolis That Mosque’s Public Prayers Violate Noise Ordinance
By Hemant Mehta
May 6, 2020

The city of Minneapolis, Minnesota has a noise control ordinance that prohibits the “playing of any electronic device used for the amplification of sound… which measures five (5) dB(A) or more above ambient levels on adjacent properties…” Which is a fancy way of saying you can’t be too loud in public spaces.

There are exceptions to the rule, though. You can obtain a permit, for example, if you’re throwing a block party or some other one-off event.

And yet last week, the Dar al-Hijrah mosque received permission to blast an adhan — a call to prayer — five times a day during the month of Ramadan, which ends May 23. (Those prayers begin before 5:00a, as one resident found out the hard way.) An imam allegedly made the request to discourage Muslims from coming to the mosque in person.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2020/05/06/atheists-warn-minneapolis-that-mosques-public-prayers-violate-noise-ordinance/

rangerrebew

For once I'll give the atheists some credit.  Their cajones are much larger than those of 99% of politicians. *look*

Offline PeteS in CA

Bring on the

If they violate the ordinance, they need to come into compliance. Just like churches' bells and loud worship do.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

For once I'll give the atheists some credit.  Their cajones are much larger than those of 99% of politicians. *look*

I'm just shocked a group marginally associated with the left is showing some integrity in that they're being consistent.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 02:47:13 pm by skeeter »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
What we need in this country is to continually buy land as close to islamic sites, and install pork farms, pork processing plants and lockers, pork BBQ restaurants, etc.  As some point in time, they will get the message they are not wanted, or at least not spread their fillth outside their confines.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.