Author Topic: Supreme Court questions Trump's rollback of birth control coverage  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Supreme Court questions Trump's rollback of birth control coverage

Susannah Luthi
,Politico•May 6, 2020

Supreme Court justices on Wednesday expressed skepticism that the Trump administration can broadly allow employers to deny workers free birth control coverage, in a case that could inflame the nation’s culture wars ahead of the presidential election.

The court's conservative majority was expected to side with the administration’s weakening of the contraceptive coverage requirement under Obamacare. However, Chief Justice John Roberts joined some of his liberal colleagues in questioning whether President Donald Trump's rollback of the policy went too far. He and other justices still seemed baffled over how to resolve a fierce dispute over religious freedom and health care access that's persisted for years.

Wednesday's oral arguments, conducted by conference call, marked the high court’s third review of the contentious coverage requirement, and its first since Trump judicial picks Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh joined the bench. At issue was a Trump policy allowing virtually any employer to claim a religious or moral exemption to providing free birth control to women.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-questions-trumps-rollback-160227289.html
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Re: Supreme Court questions Trump's rollback of birth control coverage
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 02:29:36 pm »
I think every insurance should cover birth control.  If you want to reduce abortion preventing unwanted birth is the way.  And natural ways do not work.

This is ridiculous.  There should be co pay for the prescription and that is it.  Every woman should have access to this.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 03:51:38 pm »
It's amazing how far you will go in painting Trump as a rotten person.  This one would take the cake, except what was the cake is only a few crumbs left on the platter.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 10:56:42 pm »
It's amazing how far you will go in painting Trump as a rotten person.  This one would take the cake, except what was the cake is only a few crumbs left on the platter.

How so?  It is utterly ridiculous that we would be fighting birth control.  It wouldn't matter to me who it was I would oppose this.  This isn't about painting Trump rotten.  It is about common sense.  I used birth control.  And unless people are worried about spilling your seed on the ground being a sin they should support birth control.  What is worse?  Women aborting their children or women preventing pregnancies they don't want, can't afford, aren't ready for...……….. 

Get real.  We are living in a society where there are no limits on sex.  Not in Washington DC.  Not anywhere in this country.   And be careful I just might have to mention the moral decline of our government and even our religious institutions.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 11:02:30 pm »
Worried about the Catholic Church opposing birth control

The Gay Church Thousands of priests are closeted, and the Vatican’s failure to reckon with their sexuality has created a crisis for Catholicism.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/01/gay-priests-catholic-church.html

Lets not even go to the pedophile problem.  The affairs of Pastors an Priests...……….Who has the moral authority to say that people shouldn't have the ability to start a family when they are ready?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 11:05:37 pm »
How so?  It is utterly ridiculous that we would be fighting birth control.  It wouldn't matter to me who it was I would oppose this.  This isn't about painting Trump rotten.  It is about common sense.  I used birth control.  And unless people are worried about spilling your seed on the ground being a sin they should support birth control.  What is worse?  Women aborting their children or women preventing pregnancies they don't want, can't afford, aren't ready for...……….. 

Get real.  We are living in a society where there are no limits on sex.  Not in Washington DC.  Not anywhere in this country.   And be careful I just might have to mention the moral decline of our government and even our religious institutions.

Did you just ask me to "get real??"

:happyhappy:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 11:10:51 pm »
Did you just ask me to "get real??"

:happyhappy:

I absolutely did.  Face the music.  You are talking about politicians who do not have any morals deciding people can't hold off on starting a family.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 11:22:16 pm »
I absolutely did.  Face the music.  You are talking about politicians who do not have any morals deciding people can't hold off on starting a family.

Let's just say I'd have a lot more respect for "family planning" if Planned Parenthood wasn't calling the shots.  You may have missed this, but Christians don't much care for birth control that kills fertilized eggs on their happy way to implantation in a uterus.  They are commonly called "Abortifacients," AKA "Birth Control Pills."
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 11:33:35 pm »
Let's just say I'd have a lot more respect for "family planning" if Planned Parenthood wasn't calling the shots.  You may have missed this, but Christians don't much care for birth control that kills fertilized eggs on their happy way to implantation in a uterus.  They are commonly called "Abortifacients," AKA "Birth Control Pills."

If you take birth control pills, or you’re trying to find the best method of contraception for you, you may have asked yourself, “Do you ovulate on birth control pills?” The short answer is “No.” Birth control pills are designed to prevent ovulation, and, on the off chance that you do ovulate while on the pill, it works with two other back up methods to prevent pregnancy. That’s why the pill is so good at preventing pregnancy — in fact, it’s more than 99% effective when used perfectly.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/162814-do-you-ovulate-on-birth-control-pills-heres-how-they-affect-your-cycle

No ovulation.  No conception, no abortion from the contraceptive.  No different than preventing pregnancy than pulling out before ejaculation.  The idea is the same.  And that is approved by the Catholic church.  That is spilling your seed on the ground.

What does "spill your seed" mean in the Bible?

https://www.quora.com/What-does-spill-your-seed-mean-in-the-Bible

And if the church can't condemn perversions like homosexuality and pedophilia what business do they have condemning birth control?

And if the idea is to close Planned Parenthood don't drive people away from insurance and to the planned parenthood office.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:35:42 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 11:41:06 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

“Do you ovulate on birth control pills?” The short answer is “No.”

Are you really that ignorant about how The Pill works?  I have no words
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 11:47:25 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

You must be thinking of morning after.  That's an abortion pill.  I gave a link.  You don't ovulate on the pill.  Some you don't even have a period for three months.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:48:48 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2020, 11:50:23 pm »
You must be thinking of morning after.  That's an abortion pill.  I gave a link.  You don't ovulate on the pill.  Some you don't even have a period for three months.
Nope.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2020, 11:54:02 pm »
And @Cyber Liberty it is counterproductive in the fight to get rid of planned parenthood.  Where do they go if they can't get contraceptives from their doctor and insurance company?  Answer:   Planned Parenthood.

Contraceptives should be affordable and available.  Otherwise you drive abortion industry.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2020, 11:55:22 pm »
And @Cyber Liberty it is counterproductive in the fight to get rid of planned parenthood.  Where do they go if they can't get contraceptives from their doctor and insurance company?  Answer:   Planned Parenthood.

Contraceptives should be affordable and available.  Otherwise you drive abortion industry.

Nice parry.   *****rollingeyes*****

You and @Jazzhead are a perfect pair.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2020, 11:58:00 pm »
Nope.

Well hey, Mr. authority please correct me.  Provide the information that says contraception is abortion.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2020, 11:58:54 pm »
I think every insurance should cover birth control.  If you want to reduce abortion preventing unwanted birth is the way.  And natural ways do not work.

This is ridiculous.  There should be co pay for the prescription and that is it.  Every woman should have access to this.

So you are ok with the government forcing elderly people, 10 year old boys or nuns to pay for birth control?
Not debating if an insurance company should offer it, just don't believe the constitution allows the government to force us to buy something we do not want or need.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2020, 12:04:01 am »
So you are ok with the government forcing elderly people, 10 year old boys or nuns to pay for birth control?
Not debating if an insurance company should offer it, just don't believe the constitution allows the government to force us to buy something we do not want or need.

Had to go back and read the article.  This isn't about forcing nuns or 10 year old boys.  This is about employers providing the coverage in their insurance.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2020, 12:10:32 am »
Well hey, Mr. authority please correct me.  Provide the information that says contraception is abortion.

Your demand for the impossible convicts you of your ignorance, to ask a non-seqiture question like that.

I never said "contraception is abortion."  If you cannot argue with my words, you cannot argue this with me at all.  Yes, you are in perfect alignment with one of the most leftist of all the members on this board. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 12:11:35 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2020, 12:15:47 am »
@Chosen Daughter

Add scatterbrain, to chatterbox, to admitted socialist.

Do conservatives expect others to pay their healthcare costs?

I ask myself again, "conservative Hub?"

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2020, 12:21:00 am »
Your demand for the impossible convicts you of your ignorance, to ask a non-seqiture question like that.

I never said "contraception is abortion."  If you cannot argue with my words, you cannot argue this with me at all.  Yes, you are in perfect alignment with one of the most leftist of all the members on this board.

Then so be it.  Better than in line with religious hypocrites who hide pedophile priests and promote homosexuality in the church.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2020, 12:23:53 am »
Then so be it.  Better than in line with religious hypocrites who hide pedophile priests and promote homosexuality in the church.

Flailing about is never very pretty.  Just stop.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2020, 12:34:34 am »
Flailing about is never very pretty.  Just stop.

http://debatepedia.idebate.org/en/index.php/Debate:_Catholic_Church_contraception_policy

I won't.  Homosexuality isn't against natural law?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 12:35:39 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2020, 12:46:05 am »
Had to go back and read the article.  This isn't about forcing nuns or 10 year old boys.  This is about employers providing the coverage in their insurance.

NO, this is about the federal government forcing private organizations to buy insurance that people may not want, under penalty of imprisonment.This includes the churches..... is that what you are advocating?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2020, 12:58:41 am »
NO, this is about the federal government forcing private organizations to buy insurance that people may not want, under penalty of imprisonment.This includes the churches..... is that what you are advocating?

That is not what the article says:

At issue was a Trump policy allowing virtually any employer to claim a religious or moral exemption to providing free birth control to women.

-end excerpt

If the church has its own private insurance based on religion and it is clear to people seeking employment I don't object.  But this says any employer could object.  What does that look like?  Car shop, floral shop, grocery store?  How is a person seeking employment to know that they will be discriminated against for family planning?

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2020, 01:11:03 am »
That is not what the article says:

At issue was a Trump policy allowing virtually any employer to claim a religious or moral exemption to providing free birth control to women.

-end excerpt

If the church has its own private insurance based on religion and it is clear to people seeking employment I don't object.  But this says any employer could object.  What does that look like?  Car shop, floral shop, grocery store?  How is a person seeking employment to know that they will be discriminated against for family planning?

Ok, one more time.... the exemption is so these private organizations do not have to comply with the federal law requiring them to purchase insurance they may not want.The religious/moral thing is just a work around to get around the law....