Author Topic: This nursing home disaster is on you, Gov. Cuomo  (Read 395 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This nursing home disaster is on you, Gov. Cuomo
« on: May 06, 2020, 05:05:30 pm »
This nursing home disaster is on you, Gov. Cuomo: Goodwin
NY Post, May 5, 2020, Michael Goodwin

Two weeks ago, Gov. ­Andrew Cuomo was first asked about his policy that forced nursing homes to admit ­patients infected with the coronavirus.

“That’s a good question, I don’t know,” the governor answered, turning to an aide.

On Tuesday, Cuomo was asked about a report from the Associated Press that his team had added more than 1,700 deaths to the count of those who died in nursing homes, bringing the total to at least 4,813.

“I don’t know the details, frankly,” the governor answered, turning to an aide.  Sgt. Schultz reporting for duty!

[...]

“The nursing home has to make the decision,” he said Tuesday. “If they don’t think they can take care of someone, all they have to do is say no.”

In this case, he “knows” something that’s simply not true, according to nursing home executives. The March 25 order that forced infected patients on them allows for no exceptions and has not been changed.

The killer fifth paragraph still reads: “No resident shall be denied re-admission or admission to the NH solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19. NHs are prohibited from requiring a hospitalized resident who is determined medically stable to be tested for COVID-19 prior to ­admission or readmission.”

Owners and managers said Tuesday they are not aware of any loosening of the policy. They also say that hospitals still are referring infected patients to them on a near-daily basis and they are expected to take them if they have an empty bed.

To them, the March 25 order was a death sentence. Some facilities say they had no deaths or even positive patients before that date, but many of both since, including among staff members.

More:  https://nypost.com/2020/05/05/this-nursing-home-disaster-is-on-you-gov-cuomo-goodwin/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: This nursing home disaster is on you, Gov. Cuomo
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 05:06:56 pm »
The killer fifth paragraph still reads: “No resident shall be denied re-admission or admission to the NH solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19. NHs are prohibited from requiring a hospitalized resident who is determined medically stable to be tested for COVID-19 prior to ­admission or readmission.”

Words fail me. 

Your jaw will drop reading the rest of the article.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 05:07:54 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 05:25:27 pm »
The stupidity of politicians such as Cuomo is astounding.  If a Republican were to attempt the same, calls for murder charges would be heard by all.   :chairbang: :amen:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 06:00:00 pm »
Gov Cuomo is as dumb as a stump.  But that is no excuse for the man slaughtering thousands.  He should stand trial for murder, for he surely murdered many.

If I drive my car down the street, and something goes wrong and I run over ten or twenty people, you better believe I am going to be indicted for killing those people.  Cuomo killed thousands.  The man should be forced to resign and stand trial for murder.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 06:32:39 pm »
Gov Cuomo is as dumb as a stump.  But that is no excuse for the man slaughtering thousands.  He should stand trial for murder, for he surely murdered many.

If I drive my car down the street, and something goes wrong and I run over ten or twenty people, you better believe I am going to be indicted for killing those people.  Cuomo killed thousands.  The man should be forced to resign and stand trial for murder.

@jafo2010

It is utterly amazing what some politicians are allowed to get away with under the COLOR of law these days!  Perhaps it time to remind a great many of this:

"The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislators bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and any statute, to be valid, must be In agreement. It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; one must prevail. This is succinctly stated as follows:
The General rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed. Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.
Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principles follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it.....
A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one. An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law. Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the lend, it is superseded thereby.
No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it."

From American Jurisprudence- a legal encyclopedia

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 01:38:19 am »
He is running damage control right now by deflecting his decision on the nursing homes, saying they took the infected patients for money.

He is a slimeball.  Fits the Dems perfectly.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington