Author Topic: White House Published 43 mins ago Trump says coronavirus task force will continue 'indefinitely,' sh  (Read 472 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 foxnews.com
Trump says coronavirus task force will continue 'indefinitely,' shift focus to reopening and vaccines
Brooke Singman

President Trump on Wednesday said the coronavirus task force would continue “indefinitely” but would shift its focus to safely re-opening the country amid the coronavirus pandemic — following indications from his administration that officials were considering winding the group down.

“The White House Coronavirus Task Force, headed by Vice President Mike Pence, has done a fantastic job of bringing together vast highly complex resources that have set a high standard for others to follow in the future,” the president tweeted.

“Ventilators, which were few & in bad shape, are now being produced in the thousands, and we have many to spare. We are helping other countries which are desperate for them,” he continued, touting the task force’s efforts. “Likewise, after having been left little, we are now doing more testing than all other countries combined, and with superior tests.”

He added: “Face masks & shields, gloves, gowns, etc. are now plentiful.”

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-coronavirus-task-force-will-continue-indefinitely-shift-focus-to-reopening-and-vaccines
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

Here's what the President said about the shifting focus of the task force and its membership:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

The White House CoronaVirus Task Force, headed by Vice President Mike Pence, has done a fantastic job of bringing together vast highly complex resources that have set a high standard for others to follow in the future. Ventilators, which were few & in bad shape, are now being....

...produced in the thousands, and we have many to spare. We are helping other countries which are desperate for them. Likewise, after having been left little, we are now doing more testing than all other countries combined, and with superior tests. Face masks & shields,....

....gloves, gowns etc. are now plentiful. The last four Governors teleconference calls have been conclusively strong. Because of this success, the Task Force will continue on indefinitely with its focus on SAFETY & OPENING UP OUR COUNTRY AGAIN. We may add or subtract people ....

....to it, as appropriate. The Task Force will also be very focused on Vaccines & Therapeutics. Thank you!

9:06 AM · May 6, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/stat...020179692445697

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
I really don’t want Team Fauci/Birx telling me how to reopen my business. This all sucks. Bigly.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Right_in_Virginia

I really don’t want Team Fauci/Birx telling me how to reopen my business. This all sucks. Bigly.

It won't be Fauci/Birx @debrawiest

Online Right_in_Virginia

Coronavirus task force will not disband, but will shift focus to reopening America
The task force will now focus on reopening the economy and developing a vaccine
Just the News, May 6, 2020

President Trump clarified the direction of the group via a series of Wednesday morning tweets.

The task force, which has been headed by Vice President Mike Pence, will now lose and gain members, depending on the needs of the day.

As the Trump 2020 campaign kicks into high gear and some state begin to reopen parts of their economies, the president and vice president are looking to resume some domestic travel. Trump was in Arizona on Tuesday.

Trump and the White House task force stopped offering daily briefings to the media several weeks ago, indicating that the administration no longer feels the public needs to hear from the task force on a daily basis in the same way that they felt was necessary at the beginning of the crisis.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/coronavirus-task-force-will-not-disband-will-shift-focus-reopening