Author Topic: BREAKING: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Hospitalized  (Read 2162 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: BREAKING: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Hospitalized
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2020, 07:42:56 am »
@240B

Both "Buddy" and the more famous "Ignore" functions are together in your Profile Settings.  Hover over "Profile" at the top of every page.  Select "Summary."  When your Profile comes up, find a button "Modify Profile."  When you hover the mouse over that, a drop-down menu appears, select the bottom item, "Buddies/Ignore List..." 

You can then add people to either the "Ignore" list, or the "Buddy" list.
@Cyber_Liberty
I understand the 'Ignore' function, but what does adding a 'Buddy' do?
What's the point?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2020, 01:16:15 pm »
@Cyber_Liberty
I understand the 'Ignore' function, but what does adding a 'Buddy' do?
What's the point?

I don't think it does anything.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2020, 02:14:08 pm »
@Cyber_Liberty
That's what I thought.
In a perfect world, any time a 'buddy' posts something, you would get some kind of notification.
That makes sense.
I'm sure that was the original intent. Maybe that function exists but is not activated?
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2020, 02:33:34 pm »

Folks turn up in bold in name lists ... at the top of articles and in the 'who's online' on the home page... maybe elsewhere. That's all I have learned.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2020, 02:35:03 pm »
@Cyber_Liberty
That's what I thought.
In a perfect world, any time a 'buddy' posts something, you would get some kind of notification.
That makes sense.

I'm sure that was the original intent. Maybe that function exists but is not activated?

... Or a pinglist... That's what I was hoping for...  :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2020, 02:46:37 pm »
@Cyber_Liberty
That's what I thought.
That makes sense.

I haven't seen any settings in the Admin section that I can activate.  Seems to me there should be some advantage to the feature, but I haven't seen one.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2020, 03:58:23 pm »
I haven't seen any settings in the Admin section that I can activate.  Seems to me there should be some advantage to the feature, but I haven't seen one.
@Cyber_Liberty
I would go to the documentation online and lookup 'buddy list' to see what the original developers thought the purpose of it was.

Possibly even call or email the developing company customer service line and ask them about it. There may be a way to alter the source code to make 'buddy list' more productive. And if they can send a notification to buddies, then they should be able to notify posters whenever someone responds to something they posted without having to specify @xxx, like TOS does now.

Not suggesting you do this. I'm only pointing out that in my history of coding, that is how I handled things like this. And more times than not, it worked. Even if it doesn't exist now, they put my suggestions in the next upgrade. It was routine. Happened all the time.